Pre-Workout Supplements

Hey fella’s I’ve got a question about pre-workout energy. I’ve tried N.O. Explode and Armageddon and both work, but I’ve seen these products get bashed pretty hard. What does everyone take before a workout for that extra boost of energy?

the energy you get from NO Explode or Arma-whatever is just caffeine. Try a cup of black coffee, or a Spike Shooter (not only caffeine, also some CNS goodies).

for me, since i work out first thing in the morning, No-Xplode works really good. in fact i took it this morning :wink:

notice i said “for me”.

for some ppl, it doesnt work. i also bought some caffeine pills for those hard cardio mornings.

BARDUKE you take NO-Explode before Cardio? It doesn’t bother you at all? I know a few guys that say it doesn’t sit to well while running.

This is my pre-workout mix, six BCAA’s, two BETA-7, one Spike Shooter. Fargin good energy blast for me anyway.

D

[quote]Dedicated wrote:
This is my pre-workout mix, six BCAA’s, two BETA-7, one Spike Shooter. Fargin good energy blast for me anyway.

D[/quote]

i am not suprised! do you take Flameout or any fish oil at all?!

[quote]noveldex wrote:
Dedicated wrote:

D

i am not suprised! do you take Flameout or any fish oil at all?![/quote]

Yes, I take three Flameout in the A.M. with the morning shake and three in the P.M. with dinner.

D

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
BARDUKE you take NO-Explode before Cardio? It doesn’t bother you at all? I know a few guys that say it doesn’t sit to well while running. [/quote]

i probably should have been more specific…

on lifting mornings, its the NO-X

on cardio mornings, its the caffeine and BCAAs

i also ordered some Flameout and Spike yesterday, cant wait to try them…

Drop the NO stuff, it’s crap and doesn’t do anything.

If you eat and sleep well enough, you shouldn’t need a bunch of caffeine and shit to work out. Yes some days it may help, but it isn’t necessary.

if you need the “jolt” I’m with Dedicated. That is very similar to my preworkout stack right now (with or without the Spike, depends).

yeah, i agree. but i use the NO-X infrequently. its not an every day thing. but i only get 6 to 6.5 hours of sleep each night :frowning:

[quote]BARDUKE wrote:
yeah, i agree. but i use the NO-X infrequently. its not an every day thing. but i only get 6 to 6.5 hours of sleep each night :([/quote]

Do you take ZMA? I ask, because it gives me a solid and sound 6 to 6.5 hrs. Leaves me refreshed in the morning.

I workout first thing in the morning. My routine is a little different.
Somewhere between 1:30 and 2:30 a.m. I get up and eat cottage cheese.
4:30 a.m. Power Drive
5:00 to 5:15ish a.m. 20~oz Grow! Whey
Warm-up and first third of workout, big drink of Surge
Second third, another big drink
Finish Surge at end of workout

I have tried several other early morning pre-workout supps, including a NO explode-like product. This routine works much better for me. I have constant energy, I am focused, and my stomach has not given me any problems.

Maybe you should just sleep without interruptions? Why get from a pill what you can get without it?

[quote]PozzSka wrote:
Drop the NO stuff, it’s crap and doesn’t do anything.

[/quote]

well, it actually does… to the extent that if you have a low tolerance to stimulants you will get a huge buzz from it. That is not to say that you won’t get the same buzz from a simple double espresso (not to mention that a double espresso tastes ten times better!), but anyone with a low tolerance to stims will undoubtedly feel that No-Xplode is doing something for them.

Whey+water works for me, i wake up 730 am drink it at 745 and start my workout at 800. This is on an empty stomach also if that matters