Pre-Workout Supp That Works?

I go right about 30 mins after I get home from school that’s why I stick to the supplements. But Superpump, zpand 2x, MP Assault, I more rep, c4, and N.O Explode 2 all didn’t work for me.

Cocaine. Serious.

A pattern…?

Why has this thread diverted into training fasted vs a meal? Odd.

I’m a big proponent of anything with 1.3.

Actually, I am pretty curious to know where your body gets fuel from during fasted strength training. Always thought muscle stores get hit equally as fat and glycogen.

As for OP, 1, 3 supps are badass indeed. There’s this pretty popular that gives great energy …but a big crash after. Got to watch those.

[quote]giograves wrote:
Actually, I am pretty curious to know where your body gets fuel from during fasted strength training.
[/quote]

Where does one get the fuel to walk up a flight of stairs or run from the coppers in a fasted state?

Seriously, if you think you need to eat before training you have be sorely misled.

The body is nothing but energy.

if your looking to make gains why wouldnt you train on a full stomache? i eat 8-10oz steak and maybe some complex carbs and then a small amount of processed sugar right as i leave for gym. carb intake depends how things look in mirror and how the scale is tipping.

As far as stimulants, a can of Spike will have me jumping through the ceiling… but I’m sensitive like that.

[quote]ty_ty13 wrote:
if your looking to make gains why wouldnt you train on a full stomache? i eat 8-10oz steak and maybe some complex carbs and then a small amount of processed sugar right as i leave for gym. carb intake depends how things look in mirror and how the scale is tipping.[/quote]

Because your body is focusing on digesting a 10oz steak is why you dont wanna eat right before gym, but 3h earlier and have a banana or preworkout supplement 30min before gym…
Though if you have not eaten all day imo it’s still better to chug 10oz steak than nothing, but you wont be able to maximize your results.

A 10oz steak in someone’s stomach before training?

Something tells me that a person doing this is not really training at all.

I couldn’t imagine being able to push myself (or my lungs) to full capacity with food in my stomach.

I don’t really do pre-workout anymore. I’ll go to the gym fasted and drink a little Gatorade mixed with some hydraslate or EAAs during training.

IMO there is not a single over-blown preworkout supplement on the market that is more effective than a good dose of beta-alinine and caffeine pills.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Anabolism doesn’t happen while training so what’s the point of eating before hand?[/quote]

Didn’t say anything about anabolism. Technically a lot of factors come in to play in “fasting”. How about the timing of fasting for example…anyway!

Food gives you energy…energy allows you to exercise…exercise + rest + proper NUTRITION not FASTING = growth

Simple…eat, train, rest, repeat.

I couldn’t imagine being able to push myself (or my lungs) to full capacity with food in my stomach.[/quote]

For the record, everyone handles that shit differently. I could go to a buffet and be fine - a friend I use to train with couldn’t eat 3 or so hours prior to training. C’mon, you should know that.

[quote]SSC wrote:

I couldn’t imagine being able to push myself (or my lungs) to full capacity with food in my stomach.[/quote]

For the record, everyone handles that shit differently. I could go to a buffet and be fine - a friend I use to train with couldn’t eat 3 or so hours prior to training. C’mon, you should know that.[/quote]

it changes over time as your body adjusts to it as well. In general i think newer lifters have a harder time eating before lifting.

I remember not wanting to eat anything more than a protein shake prior to my workouts a few years ago, now i insist on sitting down and eating pretty much immediately before i go to the gym.

In fact if i dont have some food in my stomach during a session, i get light-headed and run out of energy fast. I think my body already starts utilizing the food in my stomach during intense workouts to keep me going.

[quote]audiogarden1 wrote:

[quote]SSC wrote:

For the record, everyone handles that shit differently. I could go to a buffet and be fine - a friend I use to train with couldn’t eat 3 or so hours prior to training. C’mon, you should know that.[/quote]

it changes over time as your body adjusts to it as well. In general i think newer lifters have a harder time eating before lifting.

I remember not wanting to eat anything more than a protein shake prior to my workouts a few years ago, now i insist on sitting down and eating pretty much immediately before i go to the gym.

In fact if i dont have some food in my stomach during a session, i get light-headed and run out of energy fast. I think my body already starts utilizing the food in my stomach during intense workouts to keep me going. [/quote]

I do agree to a point. I have trained for sustained periods of time fasted (or with just BCAA+EAA prior/during,) as well as significant amounts of time with a meal beforehand. There are so many individual factors that play into the decision of to eat or not, really. I do think it’s kind of a mental thing to think the body “needs” the food before a workout to get through successfully, but I also think it’s prudish and condescending to treat people who do enjoy having meals beforehand as second-class or less-informed trainers. Again, everyone is built differently.

1 scoop BCAA’s + 1 scoop Hyde = I’m tossing the weight around.

[quote]SSC wrote:

I’m a big proponent of anything with 1.3.[/quote]

Just curious, what’s 1.3?

[quote]Pitbull78 wrote:

[quote]SSC wrote:

I’m a big proponent of anything with 1.3.[/quote]

Just curious, what’s 1.3?[/quote]

D Aspartic Acid

[quote]BradyZ wrote:

D Aspartic Acid[/quote]

Isn’t 1,3 DMAA? I could be mistaken.

For pre-workout, I respond really well to anything with N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine. I haven’t yet tried Brain Candy but have heard good things.

I also throw some BCAA, Beta Alanine and Creatine in a shaker bottle. Usually I will pop a couple Jessie Spano’s as well (caffeine pills)