Pre-Workout Supp That Works?

By the time I get home from school I go to the gym about a half hour after and I have very little energy. What pre workouts work the best? I’ve taken super pump which was decent and Xpand 2x didn’t do a thing. I’m looking at 3 new ones that I never tried that I heard good things about. N.O Explode, Craze by Driven Sports ( heard great things about that one ) and Bioquest Fusion Force

I hear this site sells some decent stuff.

[quote]StevenF wrote:
I hear this site sells some decent stuff. [/quote]

^^^^This and they actually break it down by categories, look through the workout nutrition category and whichever you pick you can’t go wrong with, just depends on what you want to spend and your goals. But i wouldn’t even bother with the stuff you listed and i doubt anyone here would have much experience with that stuff since most people here buy Biotest products.

honestly, it is all based on how your body reacts to it. I have tried Spike tablets, the drink, and Surge Workout Fuel. Not one of them worked for me. Biotest does have good stuff just depends on how your body reacts.

coffee and steak

coffee and coconut oil

As I read in Miyaki’s book : it is all about caffeine.

Anyway, here are my 2 fav :
Universal Rage
MusclePharm Assault +++

Mat’

[quote]tork94 wrote:
coffee and coconut oil[/quote]

I’d personally go coffee cream and sugar

While I am a big fan of my Finibars and SWF, I always have a bottle of caffeine pills stashed in the kitchen. I’ll pop one with some Alpha GPC as soon as I get home from work, then I walk the pooch, answer a few emails while eating, and hit the gym about 45-60 mins later.

This is after being up since 5am, so I’ve found it definitely works for me, but doesn’t affect my sleep like some of the more ridiculous stimulant based stuff can do.

S

rep for tork94. black coffee with a pinch of cinnamon, steak and eggs does the job for me

I use Purus Labs Muscle Marinade. It’s the best one I’ve used (and I’ve used a lot), hands down. It’s very potent, so if you use it in the evenings preWO, you can use <1 scoop if it’s too strong.

I like Scivation’s Novem for pre, and Biotest Surge Recovery post.

Surge Workout Fuel. Great stuff.

How about a decent pre-workout meal fellas? About 2-3hrs before ur workout. If you need a buzz get some caffeine pills, beta alanine, arginine, and creatine

Why does one need to eat before training? It will not kill anyone to train fasted.

In fact, it may be more beneficial to train in a fasted state.

(And don’t make the fallacious “I need energy” argument. Anyone with body mass has energy.)

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Why does one need to eat before training? It will not kill anyone to train fasted.

(And don’t make the fallacious “I need energy” argument. Anyone with body mass has energy.)[/quote]

Fasting is for the birds and for sleep… I eat big to get big and find that it has only helped me. A huge meal right before a workout? No, but a nutritious one yes. Maybe even a MRP.

Anabolism doesn’t happen while training so what’s the point of eating before hand?

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:

(And don’t make the fallacious “I need energy” argument. Anyone with body mass has energy.)[/quote]

I train much better with some brown rice and chicken 2-3 hours before my workout vs. empty stomach. When I train hungry, I’m weaker and hit a wall earlier in my workout.

Now we have a qualifier.

I agree feelings of hunger can be distracting to one’s traiing but to me this is a matter of changing one’s lifestyle so that these feelings do not happen - mainly by keeping a diet that stabilizes bloodsugar rather than spiking it.

A fat adapted individual has an easier time training fasted.

[quote]Ripsaw3689 wrote:
When I train hungry, I’m weaker and hit a wall earlier in my workout.[/quote]
I agree. The last time I cut weight I had to have Surge Recovery Fuel before I trained or I would hit the “wall.” On the other hand when I am trying to add mass I eat or fast beforehand it doesn’t matter. Either way I will go home from the gym and eat a ton of food.