Pre-Workout Supp Side Effects

hey guys . i absolutely love pre-workout supps. i have tried nearly every pre-workout in the market such as n.o xplode , superpump max , 1 mr , jack-3d, cellucor c4 , white flood , pump - hd etc . i love the feeling i get from them. i can feel the dopamine rush . apart from helping me cranking out reps it makes me feel happy and improve sense of well-being.

But some pre-workout supps like pump-hd had an effect on my heart. i felt a missed heartbeat. precisely it was like somebody has hit my heart with a drumstick. it only happens once or maximum twice after 3-4 hours of ingesting supp but Its really scary. My ques is that is it effecting my health ? does that mean the heart is weakining ?? does it has some long-term effects or its nothing to worry about ??? …Any advice will be appreciated. thanks

You are taking stimulants. That’s what stimulants do.

Not sure why you are asking when it is doing what it is suppose to do.

Also, some people don’t tolerate them well (Jim W talked about not tolerating them).

Maybe you are over doing it? Back off for a couple of weeks.

Or try Spike. Or Brain Candy for a feeling of well being.

I had an issue with an old formula of C4 the only ingredient that stuck out was yohimbe. I had an extremely irregular heartbeat for about 7-8 days.

The old jack3d gave me proper insomnia & a limp dick, i find coffee to be much better

1 Like

my ques was is it going to effect my long term heart health if i am getting an occasional irregular heartbeat from using pre-workout supps

I guess none of us are cardiologists (?) who work with people on pre workout supplements so the probable answer is we don’t know…

There is a reason they pulled the original jack3d formula with the DMAA in, so i don’t know, it might be dangerous, it might not be. Every one is different, the only way to know is to use it and see what happens, if you’re willing to. If i was to get irregular heartbeat, i certainly wouldn’t.

Have a read these articles related with pre workout supps,

Consumer Alert: The NO2/Arginine Scam - Part 1

Might as well ask yourself why you’re using them in the first place

Peace

OP, earlier this year I was in the exact same place you are now; I would feel a skipped beat now and again but I almost seemed addicted to the feeling of the preworkout and was afraid what my performance in the gym would be without it. My wake up moment was after I took Hypershock at work and then left to drive home. I had to pull over half way home because I felt awful. I tell you, if you make the switch like I did to Plazma and a caffeine pill you will save money and have much better results without the worry. I can tolerate caffeine but those combinations in the pre workouts are questionable.

You are probably experiencing PVCs - premature ventricular contractions.

You may be prone to them already and something in the pre-workout is putting you over the edge.

PVCs are usually not something to worry about in terms of long-term damage. The bigger worry would be if you were having a different kind of arrhythmia like ventricular tachychardia.

If your heart speeds up and you can’t slow it down (and I mean REAL fast), you should seek medical attention.

If you get PVCs from pre-workouts, you may have a pre-existing subtle rhythm abnormality and the pre-workout is setting it off.

In my opinion, people who are prone to PVCs should stay away from pre-workouts.

Some people have really, really bad PVCs and can’t get their mind off their erratically-beating heart all day long. Sometimes it can be corrected with radio frequency ablation, and sometimes you can just try to isolate the trigger (caffeine, hormones, food, etc) and get by without any other intervention.

[quote]Serge A. Storms wrote:
You are probably experiencing PVCs - premature ventricular contractions.

You may be prone to them already and something in the pre-workout is putting you over the edge.

PVCs are usually not something to worry about in terms of long-term damage. The bigger worry would be if you were having a different kind of arrhythmia like ventricular tachychardia.

If your heart speeds up and you can’t slow it down (and I mean REAL fast), you should seek medical attention.

If you get PVCs from pre-workouts, you may have a pre-existing subtle rhythm abnormality and the pre-workout is setting it off.

In my opinion, people who are prone to PVCs should stay away from pre-workouts.

Some people have really, really bad PVCs and can’t get their mind off their erratically-beating heart all day long. Sometimes it can be corrected with radio frequency ablation, and sometimes you can just try to isolate the trigger (caffeine, hormones, food, etc) and get by without any other intervention.[/quote]
My heart doesnt beat very fast, so its probabily PVCs only . Also I have stopped consuming pwo supp a few days ago but i still keep thinking about my heart all day . PVC doesnt occur now but i keep thinking that something is not good with my heart , although there is no symptom . Am i just overthinking. Could it be due to anxiety ? Moreover, can i cycle steroids safely if i have PVCs?

If I was having heart problems, in addition to seeing a doctor, I would be eliminating things from my diet to find out exactly what it is, if anything, I’m consuming. I def. wouldn’t introduce something like steroids.

I had similar effects from taking pre-workout stuff. I have tried a bunch and wasn’t crazy about them, superpump did awful things to my digestive system. Now I wake up and take a fahrenheigt and Indigo and use Plazma and it is by far the best combo. I tolerate caffeine okay so the F pill is perfect, but other stimulants do really funny things to me.

I will add that I haven’t had any episodes once I stopped taking the other stuff.

try a stimulant free preworkout like Magnum Opus, great stuff