Pre-Workout Suggestions?

Cellucor c4 look around you can get 60 servings for a lil over 30 bux can’t beat in price
and effectiveness. Some other products are marginally more effective for example
hemorage black ultraconcentrate but the crash is not worth it.

Spike!, i recently started taking it and i noticed a big difference, i hit a 20 pound squat pr the first day with it and its only 25 bucks for 48 tabs

Have any of you looked into and read about increasing your sodium before workouts? I been reading about the effects of combining baking soda with creatine pre-workout…

Supercharging Creatine With Baking Soda: Study Shows Increased Peak Power and Endurance - Plus: How Bicarbonate Could Help You Lose Fat & Build Muscle

I’ve been stacking 1 teaspoon of baking soda with 1 teaspoon of creatine into 12 to 15oz of water pre-workout and I noticed a difference in my endurance. I don’t get as light headed and my blood pressure stays up. But I have not noticed any differences in pump. Yes, it is salty. It has helped my endurance and I can last longer through workouts.

I don’t like to consume high glycemic carbs before workouts for a couple of reasons…
1.) Fear of crashing as the insulin spike won’t last.
2.) I want to carb deplete when working out so when my workout is over my glycogen is depleted and ready to consume BCAA’s post workout which will be absorbed faster instead of having something like Gaspari’s SizeOn in my system. (George Farah recommends to take BCAA’s right away post workout and wait 25 minutes later to consume carbs.)

I eat about 45 minutes to an hour before I workout of low glycemic carbs for sustained energy. The carbs I’ll eat before I workout are either a sweet potato or Ezekiel bread or rolled oats with my protein.

I use to think that when I would get light headed from lying down and standing up too fast or during a workout was from low blood sugar. I woke up one morning in December 2012 and passed out and collapsed and had to be taken to the ER.

The blood tests they took showed I was suffering from dehydration and low blood pressure. I wasn’t consuming enough water or sodium in my diet. Reading into sodium, a lot of athletes in the NPC an IFBB recommend salting your foods if you’re into fitness. I know Chris Aceto tells his clients to salt their food.

So I wanted to let you guys know that. If you get light headed and think it’s from not enough carbs and from your blood sugar level being too low it might actually be from dehydration which leads to low blood pressure.

I can’t stand Kai but I always try to listen to George Farah when he starts talking about nutrition

Some Java Stim, Carnitine Synergy, and Neuro Stim does the body good. Then a FINiBAR and a couple scoops of Plazma.

I’ve always been a big fan of Alpha GPC and FINiBARs. I’ve also used Surge Recovery pre-workout. Currently, I’ve just started playing around with Plazma, and with the few training sessions I’ve experienced so far, I’m quite sold on the product. While I don’t normally look for stimulants or the like if I’m not prepping for a contest, I do appreciate anything that results in noticeably productive gym sessions.

S

I can’t name the product or company because it is a competitor but the ingredient deck looks like this and it works really well for me. -0- crash!

Active Ingredients:
Pure German Creatine Monohydrate, Beta-Alanine, L-Leucine, Citrulline Malate, L-Valine, L-Isoleucine, L-Glutamine, L-Glycine, Tri-Creatine Malate, Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate 2:1, DiArginine Malate, Calcium Carbonate, Caffeine Anhydrous, Choline Bitatrate, Taurine, Medium Chain Triglycerides, Cinnamon Bark Extract, Panax Ginseng, Betaine HCL, L-Tyrosine, Rice Polysaccharides, Pyroglutamic Acid, Green Tea Extract, Protease Enzyme Complex, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Gluconate, Pyidoxine (B6), Cyanocobalamine (B12)

any stim plus huperzine and choline for me.

creatine is a good add and the no stuff is fun to play with.

I prefer to take my beta alanine spread through the day instead of all before a workout.

Back in the day when I was even more dumb than I am now I read a “bulking” article that had you eating a packet of bacon before you lift. I tried it…and i promise you the fatty acids gave me energy lol and it tasted excellent…probably not a good long term option though.