T Nation

Pre-Workout Rituals?

Anyone else have like a sort of ritual before they go to the gym? I know that for me after I have my Spike and Power Drive i always need to listen to some music and a some lifting videos on youtube to get me mentally prepared for my workouts. How bout you guys?

I walk for 10 minutes from my car to the university gym.

I look at my motivational poster, hit the gym, walk 2 laps around track, stretch for 10 minutes and vizualize what I want to look like and remind myself I AM AN ATHLETE AND DESERVE TO BE HERE!!!

B-3

Make my Surge.
Take 4 BCAAs.
Foam roll if necessary.
Warm up my body for the cold winter walk to my gym while blasting a youtube video of Arnold/Yates.

Imagine myself undergoing the same efforts… all out, everything, then go to the gym with some crazy determination every single time.
Thats how most of my workouts the past 1.5years have started.

I sit on the pot and take a long poop whilst mulling over the upcoming session and what weights I will be aiming to lift.

[quote]JamFly wrote:
I sit on the pot and take a long poop whilst mulling over the upcoming session and what weights I will be aiming to lift.[/quote]

That’s my workout for when I down the Feathers.

I scream at the top of my lungs like a little girl.

Eat

I chug my Weight Gain 4000 and strike a most-muscular in the mirror while yelling beefcake… BEEFCAKE!!!.

Oh man. This geeky as hell, but it’s my workout, dammit.

I go for a 10 minute jog outside while listening to the Imperial March.

[quote]JamFly wrote:
I sit on the pot and take a long poop whilst mulling over the upcoming session and what weights I will be aiming to lift.[/quote]

This is a necessity simply in order to have a comfortable workout. So, yes a ritual indeed.

D

i sacrifice a goat

make my Surge, grab my gym bag, drive to gym, walk to building, warm up, train.

Does my attitude during that whole time matter?

I think about how I will never look the way i want to look unless I lift some heavy stuff. I think about the lifts I want to do that day and think about how I should try to make it as intense as possible. While I am on the treadmill warming up I look at everybody thinking " I Hope you dont use the squat rack for barbell shrugs".

What I’ve started doing is sitting in the Third World Squat position for a couple minutes and mentally picturing me moving the weights.

I read Teen-Beat magazine while High School Musical plays as loud as my tv will go. After that I put on my leg-warmers and hit the squat rack.

Masturbations seems to work for me.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
i sacrifice a goat
[/quote]

That works but sacrificing a Personal Trainer works even better.

[quote]entheogens wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
i sacrifice a goat

That works but sacrificing a Personal Trainer works even better.[/quote]

I’d rather sacrifice a squat rack curler.

I pull 4 cones and chug a beer.

Then warm up with my 1rm on back squat.

I’m hardcore.