Pre-Workout Rituals

I work out at home so I can the luxury of screaming and slapping myself, although I rarely do that now since I haven’t lifted heavy for a while.

I always need to shit before a workout. I will be warming up and without fail I get a massive urge to have a crap out of nowhere.

Before a hard lift like squats I usually stare at the bar and visualise the lift, thinking of me, the bar, and the iron - nothing else. I listen to music, but when I’m lifting all I can hear is my breathing.

I love the feeling of total concentration and for the 20 seconds of whatever it takes for the set, nothing in the world matters at all. Its just me and the bar.

Fuck I feel like lifting now.

I get in “an angry mood” when I lift heavy or really want to push myself, that’s the only way I can describe it. I also pace back and forth till the next set. And like Hardgnr I work out at the house so I can scream or do what ever else I want to, but only when the wife isn’t there.

I kick a cat and wear an extra tight jock.

First I take a nap. I like to be rested before I battle the iron. Next I load up on some raw oatmeal and protein powder mixed together. I pop a tribulus cap and I am out the door.

When I am lifting I put on some Sander Van Doorne sets or Paul VanDyke or Sash And Digweed. Nothing like getting up from a set and your head is swimming and there is an epic moment in the track. Feels like a battle that your winning.

Just before I lift some heavy ass weight or some new weight. I think of things that piss me off. Then I look at myself and tell myself you can do this. You can fucking do this. Lets do it!! And I pound out some reps.

After I feel like I beat down the beast inside and I am good for a couple days.

I watch this video before I workout: olympic weightlifting inspirational - YouTube. I just ignore the religious parts.

When I do my heavy squat set(s), I always listen to the ending of Gemini by Slayer.

Before a heavy snatch, I spend a long time in the starting position, just constantly readjusting my grip and making weird noises like Im a rabid gorilla.

chalk, wrap wrist wraps loose, put on belt, wrap wrist wraps tight, nose tork, lever down on belt. 3.2.1. bench.

Taking a shit (ESPECIALLY on leg day) is a must (that way I don’t get those deep ass farts at the bottom portion of the lift or as someone else said already dealin with the “kids”)

I always change and get iTunes going and either listen to “Black Balloon” by Goo Goo Dolls or “Wait for Sleep” by Dream Theater to clear my head. After that, its full on intensity until the end of my workout.

i always have to take a shit if i dont i feel like im not going to be able to focus.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
i always have to take a shit if i dont i feel like im not going to be able to focus. [/quote]

I onnce sharted while doing front squats. And another time while doing good mornings.

I did not realize the pre-workout shit was ubiquitous, at least on leg day. But yeah I do it too.

Other than that there is no ritual with me. I just go and lift.

I usually piss before I walk in the weight room, you know so I can do more dips and chins. Before a heavy lift, I will sometimes say to myself “You can fu*king do this, you got this” And then I do it like a champ!

[quote]Brant_Drake wrote:
elano wrote:
I like to listen to this song before the final countdown:

Love that song. But this cover is better.

- YouTube [/quote]

That’s not actually Bodom… just thought you’d like to know.

I listen to this Amon Amarth - Death In Fire - YouTube and then snort a capsule of rhodiola rosea.
FOR THOR!