Pre Workout Protein

hey guys, i was just wondering since i’m taking BCAAs during my workout and 60g of protein post-workout is it worth taking protein pre-workout or not really?

i do eat an hour before training but its only carbs so my last protein intake before the gym is approximately 2.5 hours before training (from meat at lunch)

[quote]george1011 wrote:
hey guys, i was just wondering since i’m taking BCAAs during my workout and 60g of protein post-workout is it worth taking protein pre-workout or not really?

i do eat an hour before training but its only carbs so my last protein intake before the gym is approximately 2.5 hours before training (from meat at lunch)[/quote]
I would say that it is more beneficial to have 1 scoop of whey protein about 60-90 minutes before exercising than taking BCAA’s during.

[quote]george1011 wrote:
i do eat an hour before training but its only carbs so my last protein intake before the gym is approximately 2.5 hours before training (from meat at lunch)[/quote]

that’s weird, why are you having a carb only meal?

well i eat lunch at 12ish and go to the gym at 3, my lunch doesn’t have carbs in it (on a low carb diet) but i like to have some sort of carbs before i go to the gym so i have a ‘meal’ more of a snack i guess, which is mainly carbs at about 2.