Pre-Workout Nutrition

hi,

as i have already mentioned i am looking to get my nutrition nailed correctly. thank you to those who helped me to understand the theory behind post workout nutrition.

i would just like to clarify my pre workout. i currently look to take low g.i carbs throughout the day and about an hour before i workout and something like a banana immediately before i workout to provide some energy.

is there anything else that i should consider to help my workout and put on muscle??

many thanks.

i’ve found that taking BCAA about 20 mins before working out then again half way through my workout and finally some at the end has made a real difference to not only the quality of my workouts but also the results - there are some articles discussing this from charles polquin and CT if you do a search and check them out. Or you could just use Surge as throughout your workout its pretty awesome too.

[quote]the_wildman wrote:

is there anything else that i should consider to help my workout and put on muscle??[/quote]

A protein source so your blood is amino acid rich. along with that banana

Phill

protein in the form of a shake?

[quote]the_wildman wrote:
protein in the form of a shake?[/quote]

Or food. It’s up to you and whatever you can fit in. Most people probably do a liquid form (i.e. Surge) due to convenience. If you get your protein in food form beware of high amounts of fats or fiber that lead to slow digestion. It can be a killer pre (and post) workout.