Pre-Workout Nutrition for Long Workouts

Thank you. Seriously.

“Here is my advice. Based on my experience this is what I think will happen. I think there is a better way to do it but try it if you want.”

If everyone could adopt this attitude…

When/if I hit a wall before I get the results I want I will switch things up.

Exactly what I am doing. Experimenting.

I am interested in exactly zero of what you have to say.

Obviously their potential is higher. I would argue that coaches who pushed their athletes too hard would have a crap team?

I would argue, once again, the exception proving the rule. It seems we would argue different things

@T3hPwnisher We don’t agree. How horrible. End of the world I tell ya. I’ll bet you sleep okay.

You’re gonna keep going in circles on this forum. Thing is, nobody on here that’s built any respectable amount of muscle ever does 3 hour sessions, so we don’t have the experience to tell you how to eat for that kind of workout. I believe you’d be better suited finding a reddit subforum dedicated to endurance athletes, not weightlifting.

Go for it!

I did tree cutting, concrete, and steel work for many many years at a rate that made most people cry, shit, puke, and go home before noon. For many hours a day. Sometimes 12+, almost always at least 8, usually 6 days a week.

There was another guy here a while back named @brandonlord0 who has done the same and is also very fucking jacked, cut from similar cloth.

Both natty.

So stay fed, and get in there, and bring the fucking pain every single time.

Most people, whether they’re new or refurbished have a hard time doing enough, and hard enough to make any real difference.

Just stay fed and kill it.

Thanks. I may look into that.

Yeah I am gaining. I am not worried about it. I got a Dexa before and I’ll get one after. I am just going after mostly muscle memory here anyway. I am not really after much brand new muscle. Just putting everything back through the paces and letting it fill back out. I come from lumberyard and military and oilfield and crane and rigging background. I just sat in a crane for 6 years and got fat.

Then you know what hard means.

Go in and treat yourself like the new guy that is either going to cry and go home or stay on and kick ass.

If it’s going to be either awesome or a disaster, make it awesome.

Haven’t for months, but it doesn’t seem to affect much.

Why are you being so sarcastic with me dude?

1 Like

This genuinely made me laugh a bit.

OP - I’ve not gotten 10 posts into the thread and this is the best advice I think you need. I can see you start talking about professional’s below. But you are not a professional. So don’t try and do what they do. Just think about the emotional fatigue. Even if you have the physical strength to keep going - getting in the mind set for ANOTHER set after you’ve been working out for almost 3h. You’re going to drop off. Quality over quantity mate.

As and FYI - my work out take 90min. And they are a long. My work out have never been this long.To get me through I eat in the first 15mins. A high carb / high sugar food. A flap jack or banana bread. This helps keep me going. This and hydration. I can not stress how much hydration will catch you out.

Also full body work out tyoically 1 or 2 exercises per muscle group. If you like full body 3 days a week:

EDIT - I’ve just read through some of your replies to some of the guys on here. I wish I’d not have commented. I typically do not reply to / try and help people that are being rude. But as it is up now - I guess I’ll leave it.

1 Like

The sarcasm wasn’t for you it was for the other people who couldn’t handle me not agreeing with them. Sorry if that wasn’t apparent.

By all means please remove it. I would remove it for you if I could. I am not interested in your opinion of a variable of which you claim knowledge which you have no way to have quantified. Rude is the definition of what you are the others were doing interjecting yourself and your opinions where the were not asked for and especially once it is apparent they are not welcome. You don’t like my workout routine. Then don’t follow it. Your unqualified opinion of my unquantified intensity is irrelevant.

I’m just gonna say - I have no hard feelings towards you. I don’t know you, and we’re not gonna talk enough for me to get to know you, so it’s pretty inconsequential to me whether or not you care what I think. I’d just like to point out the fact that you are handling people disagreeing with you far worse than anyone else in this thread. Otherwise, I genuinely hope your workout plan goes well, and you get jacked and lean. Best of luck.

2 Likes

I think luck is this guys best shot.

Yes you did. You work out for 2-3h “mostly fasted”. This is ALL the info I need about your work outs.

I could run through the physical limitations of a long work out. The fact that you will run out of glycogen and electrolytes. Or the physiological requirements for this. Trying to remain turned on long enough to bring the heat. And doing that 3 times a week. BUT I’m sure you know all about those.

Good luck man.

1 Like