T Nation

Pre Workout Mind Blasts!

Well ive done it all id say
NoXplode
V12turbo

Amoungst other pre workout supps

I had Controlled Labs White Flood today, not as good as Fierce from SAN but up their def better than the carb loaded NoXplode. Remember when NoX came out it was potent as hell then they changed the formula (well atleast in Australia) and now it has no where near the same effect… Shame.

Anyway i didn’t get that mind blowing effect like i was on speed when i had White Flood but i came close, prob 1/3rd the effect Fierce by SAN has! Does anyone no anything legal i can take to get me jacked up. I generally hit up some coffee or some NoDoz tablets before hand that seems to help.

Also this was a year ago i wanna get that edge back through supplementation i’m just asking what you guys take if anything?

Hopefully my ramble makes some sense to people.

Righteo off to the gym!

Spike. Amazing stuff. Makes me feel unbelievably happy. I love taking it before I lift.

Spike Shooters are amazing too. I love the fact that my local 7-11 has started carrying them.

[quote]Schmazz wrote:
Spike. Amazing stuff. Makes me feel unbelievably happy. I love taking it before I lift.

Spike Shooters are amazing too. I love the fact that my local 7-11 has started carrying them.[/quote]

Nice so you think i should get me some Spike tabs? What are the Caffeine-Free ones like?

i second what schmazz says. taking one or two Spike tabs before a workout REALLY kicks me into gear.

shooters are outstanding as well.

Spike is a great product, no doubt. I would however question whether you need to be trying another stimulant at this point. When you get to the stage where they are not having an effect on you, the more safe bet would be to back off of them for a while.

Sorry and I’m not trying to be a jerk here. I am speaking from personal experience as someone who abused stimulants for many years. You are asking for trouble and a lot of health problems down the road.

A staple of my training is 1 Spike caffine free tab and 1/2 a can of Spike Shooter.

MsM is right.

Caffeine has ZERO effect on me these days and I have not had it regularly in at least 6-8 months. I think something is wrong with my liver, actually, as I read there’s a phase of metabolism important to metabolizing caffeine and feeling its effects. I think I’m missing an enzyme or something…

Spike has no effect on me. Two tabs, a full can (not together). Zilch.

I love Spike but every time I take it now it makes me yawn like crazy. Almost non stop. I think I took it to much. I actually had to go to the doctors for it a couple years ago.

I a in kind of the same boat as transition and recently ordered some Power Drive to try. I am hoping this will get me that pre-workout boost I am looking for, but after reading this should I lay off the pre-workout stims for a while or try the Power Drive?

How long does the effects of Spike last? I work out at night around 10 and usually fall asleep around 1am. I usually drink some green tea before I work out to get me going a little bit but am looking for something stronger. I dont want to use the Spike if im going to be up all night though seeing how I work at 8 am.

[quote]waldo21212 wrote:
I a in kind of the same boat as transition and recently ordered some Power Drive to try. I am hoping this will get me that pre-workout boost I am looking for, but after reading this should I lay off the pre-workout stims for a while or try the Power Drive?[/quote]

You should be fine with Power Drive.

[quote]T3 wrote:
How long does the effects of Spike last? I work out at night around 10 and usually fall asleep around 1am. I usually drink some green tea before I work out to get me going a little bit but am looking for something stronger. I dont want to use the Spike if im going to be up all night though seeing how I work at 8 am. [/quote]

It would depend on your sensitivity to stimulants. I have a very high tolerance so this would not bother me. However, many people find it hard to sleep after taking it.

What I would suggest is, try taking one (on a night where you don’t have to work the next day) and see how long it lasts with you. It’s very inexpensive so it’s worth a try.

[quote]MsM wrote:
T3 wrote:
How long does the effects of Spike last? I work out at night around 10 and usually fall asleep around 1am. I usually drink some green tea before I work out to get me going a little bit but am looking for something stronger. I dont want to use the Spike if im going to be up all night though seeing how I work at 8 am.

It would depend on your sensitivity to stimulants. I have a very high tolerance so this would not bother me. However, many people find it hard to sleep after taking it.

What I would suggest is, try taking one (on a night where you don’t have to work the next day) and see how long it lasts with you. It’s very inexpensive so it’s worth a try. [/quote]

Sounds good ill give that a try… Thanks alot

[quote]MsM wrote:
waldo21212 wrote:
I a in kind of the same boat as transition and recently ordered some Power Drive to try. I am hoping this will get me that pre-workout boost I am looking for, but after reading this should I lay off the pre-workout stims for a while or try the Power Drive?

You should be fine with Power Drive.[/quote]

I second the Power Drive recommendation. I find it really helps me to focus before a heavy lifting session. I really notice the difference when I forget to take it.