T Nation

Pre Workout Meal

I find that I have more intensity and better workout not to mention a higher response from Spike without preworkout carbs.

IE a steak and eggs meal zero carbs, better focus.

Im not sure if I can take Spike during workout after a meal like that? Is it not good to mix the sugars and eggs in my gut?

soon after eating that meal?

If I start out with a PWO drink Im just aliitle to groggy,but when I dont have the pre workout nutrition I miss the super pumps!

any thoughts?

I train right after my first meal in the AM.

The typcial eggwhite and oatmeal breakfast makes me sleepy, and less intense! So I stick to Poliquin’s preparing for the ultimate workout!

You train right after eating eggs? What else do you eat pre workout?

BTW-Spike at this time is fine.

[quote]David Barr wrote:
You train right after eating eggs? What else do you eat pre workout?

BTW-Spike at this time is fine.[/quote]

If you read Poliquin’s Preparing for the ultimate workout. Thats pretty much what I do.

Usually, buffalo, and eggs, steak and eggs, or turkey and eggs, sometimes a grapefruit with that.

MISS PRINT
i meant to say not sure if I can take SURGE after a meal like steak and eggs during my workout… NOT SPIKE, I knew that was ok .

[quote]Kill’Em All wrote:
MISS PRINT
i meant to say not sure if I can take SURGE after a meal like steak and eggs during my workout… NOT SPIKE, I knew that was ok .[/quote]

of course you can why could you Not??

Phill

well firstly in my head it seems not a great idea to mix a preceding fatty meal with sugar.

Second Chad Waterbury recomended against doing it that way.

I did it that way today, waiting until halfway through my warm up and it went very well.

It really depends on when your meals are -I’m still not quite clear on that.

If you’re training within an hour or two of steak and eggs it’s probably better to wait for post workout for Surge.

[quote]David Barr wrote:
It really depends on when your meals are -I’m still not quite clear on that.

If you’re training within an hour or two of steak and eggs it’s probably better to wait for post workout for Surge.[/quote]

usually train within an hour to 2.
I guess I needed to hear that from you to wait.