Pre Workout Energy

Hey guys, I was wondering what is a good source of energy before a workout, without caffeine? I would take 200mg of caffiene before my workouts and have no problem finishing them, and being pumped up about working out, but I heard creatine and caffeine don’t mix too well, so I dropped the wakeups.

Is there any way I can still take creatine and supp with something that’ll give me a lot of energy for my workout and not interfere with the creatine? Thx in advacne guys!

Tyrosine works well. Its in Power Drive.

I’m going to go out on a limb here and suggest looking at Power Drive and Spike. I think they might be suggested by others around here too.

I was not aware of this issue between creatine and caffeine. Is this true? I had heard the original studies were done with warm tea, which, of course, contains caffeine.

From what I remember in an article on T-mag, some people were saying not to use caffiene and creatine together because the first is a diuretic and the second makes you retain water- thus cancelling out the effects of one another. Its bullshit from what I remember reading, the diuretic effect (making you pee) from caffeine is quite mild and would not interfere with creatine utilization.
-MAtt

Why take creatine pre workout in the first place, and more importantly, why take it without protein/carbs?

Caffeine won’t have an impact on creatine, but if you took the creatine post workout, you’d avoid any potential problem and enhance its uptake (when you consume your drink).

Cheers

So if I take a few caffeine pills 20 mins before my workout and then take my normal dose of creatine after, it will have no negative effects, and the creatine’s uses will not be comprimised?

I have read elsewhere that the two do not mix, but I trust you guys. Is this the case? Thanks in advance!

[quote]Diablo9845 wrote:
So if I take a few caffeine pills 20 mins before my workout and then take my normal dose of creatine after, it will have no negative effects, and the creatine’s uses will not be comprimised?

I have read elsewhere that the two do not mix, but I trust you guys. Is this the case? Thanks in advance![/quote]

Yup thats what the good Doctor (LOL had to Dave) has hinted at.

While it would most likely not have an ill effect, or much at least, if you took the two together, by taking the caffeine Pre and Creatine Post you negate any slim possibility of essentially Pissing the creatine out.

Though after you are loaded, regardless if you take the creatine with or without caffeine, you will lose expell a large amount of it through your urine.

Thats why it is great the stuff is so damn cheap now.

Hope that helps,
Phill

Another issue wrt caffeine and before/after workout.

I read in passing–I think it was a a post on a CW workout, that taking caffeine post workout can have a detrimental affect on CNS recovery. Anybody else have an opinion on this or any evidence this is true?

Sorry for the slight hijack, but I think it goes slightly with the thread.