Pre-Workout and Creatine

Hi there Christian

First of all I just want to say that your articles and this whole site in general has changed my life seriously! My workouts have changed, diet has changed and my overall love for training and nutrition has become more solidified as the cornerstone to my day.
Me and my mate (tokyopop) have seen changes and muscular growth and strength gains like crazy since following tnation! But there is just one question I wanted to ask you:

I normally have a carb source of food about 2 hours before I workout, then I take a pre-workout supplement called MuscleScience Explode as I am about to workout, I get insane energy and it really does the trick! The supplement has some creatine in it but lately I have been adding about 3grams of creatine monohydrate to the drink to get some extra strength, energy and so forth. Is this a good idea? … I have added some nutritional information…

MUSCLE SCIENCE XPLODE INFORMATION

Product Highlights
Creatine Ester, Strength & Cell Volumising Anabolic Matrix for Xplosive power and recovery.
Xplosive Neuro-Energy Blend for mental focus.
Nitric Oxide & Cell Volume Amplifier for an Xplosive pump.
Pro Nitrogen Amino Blend for muscle gain and recovery.

Purpose
Muscle Science’s Xplode offers performance enhancing nutritional support to anybody involved in strenuous physical activity, from weekend warriors to serious competitive athletes. Used in combination with a nutritious, high protein diet and intense training program, Xplode will help to fuel physical performance as well as support ones efforts in building a stronger, leaner body.

Description
Muscle Science’s new revolutionary formula - Xplode, supercharged with Mental Focus Intensifiers, Creatine Ester & Nitric Oxide boosters gives you energy, focus, power & awesome muscular pumps with every serving. Xplode gives you precise amounts of key, active ingredients, which help fire you up mentally as well as volumize your muscle cells for awesome, intense training sessions. This revolutionary formula ignites your muscles with a unique 4-Phase system, accelerating your recuperation so you can recover & grow stronger for your next explosive session. You will literally see and feel Xplode working within minutes of taking it! Xplode has the unique ability to get you mentally “dialled in” and super-charged for every single session by inducing the most awesome mind & body stimulating rush ever provided by a nutritional supplement.

Directions
On training days mix 1 sachet (15g), in a shaker or water bottle, with approximately 500 ml of cold water

Energy
Protein
Carbohydrates
Fat
0 kJ
0 g
0 g
0 g

Creatine Ester, Strength & Cell Volumising, Anabolic Matrix
Creatine ethyl ester, Creatine monohydrate, Taurine, Phosphate Blend (Calcium Phosphate / Di-potassium phosphate / Sodium Phosphate) 7 200 mg

Xplosive Neuro-Energy Blend
L-Tyrosine, Methylxanthines (Caffeine), Vinpocetine, Glucuronolactone. 1 305 mg

Nitric Oxide & Cell Volume Amplifier
L-Arginine Alpha Ketoglutarate, L-Arginine. 3 000 mg

Pro Nitrogen Amino Blend
L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine, L-Glutamine. 2 500 mg

Other Ingredients
Citric Acid, Malic Acid, Flavour, Sweetners (Sucralose & Acesulfame K) & Colour.