Pre-Wo Stims

What are people thoughts on using DMAA, AMP citrate, Caffeine, and other stimulants when training?

I train 4x a week high volume and find that I do not enjoy training unless on a pre-wo. This is the main reason I only train 4x a week as I use no type of stimulants the other 3.

Is 3 days stim free a good way to keep tolerance at a good level?

** At the moment I only use caffeine, Spike and the occasional monster but, am looking to try others as a why to cycle them.

A lot of people on here seem to not use preworkouts. And some use things like Spike. I switch between caffeine tabs, monsters (i hate redbull), and if i have a gift card or something, sometimes a prewo from vit shoppe. I only use caffeine on my 5 workout days and dont consume other caffeine products ( soda or coffee). I seem to retain my sensitivity this way.

At the end of the day you shouldn’t “need” stimulants to get through training.

Some coffee or spike now and then are great. However over time you become dependent on them and mask fatigue which could ultimately lead to injury.

I would surmise that 1/4 sessions with stimulants a week is not enough to build a high tolerance. Now if you’re hitting 3 large caffeine sources a day to function you might want to address why you’re needing to do that.

caffeine and Spike are fine. dmaa etc will hammer your adrenals/burn you out if used regularly. Not great for blood presuure either. If want to try them use them once a week max for heaviest/PR workout

[quote]RampantBadger wrote:
caffeine and Spike are fine. dmaa etc will hammer your adrenals/burn you out if used regularly. Not great for blood presuure either. If want to try them use them once a week max for heaviest/PR workout[/quote]

Really? I remember Bones saying he had been taking DMAA for a over a year with no issues or tolerance build up.

I had asked about DMAA with no responses.

[quote]xXSeraphimXx wrote:

[quote]RampantBadger wrote:
caffeine and Spike are fine. dmaa etc will hammer your adrenals/burn you out if used regularly. Not great for blood presuure either. If want to try them use them once a week max for heaviest/PR workout[/quote]

Really? I remember Bones saying he had been taking DMAA for a over a year with no issues or tolerance build up.

I had asked about DMAA with no responses.[/quote]

From my own experience and I think for most people you build up a tolerance pretty quickly, your caffeine tolerance will also go sky high.
1 red bull used to light me up give me jitters etc, after taking jacked and similar for a year 2-3 would barely keep me going on a night out.

If want to boost your workout I would stick to spike and look at stuff like beta alanine and high quality aminos

What’s your pre and intra workout nutrition (not stimulation) looking like? Before I had mine dialed in, I felt like I needed stimulants to get through the workout, and was making progress at about 1/4 the rate I am now with nutrition dialed-in and not using stimulants (although I do drink coffee every morning).

No one appears to know what time of day you train? I personally have experimented with them but don’t like them. This largely stems from being a coffee aficionado. My caffeine intake is limited so the last thing I want to do is fill it with pre-WO stimulants. Combining both can be a recipe for adrenal disaster, as I’ve found out in the past. An exception would be a good green tea extract, which most people would do well to incorporate into their supplement routine anyway.

Used DMAA before, am currently using different pre-workouts containing AMP citrate, higenamine, hordenine, huperzine A etc. along with caffeine without any problems or ill side effects. Similar to what someone said before, I limit use to once or twice a week for the hardest workouts as you build tolerance pretty quickly.

For me, these work best in the evening after a day of work. In the morning, I like to rely on caffeine alone along with other ingredients like creatine, citrulline malate and agmatine.