Pre/Post Workout Nutrition?

before workouts, i take around 30 grams of sugar in the form of gatorade, mixed with 10 grams protein. during my workout, i drink another 30 grams from gatorade and 10 grams protein, divided evenly into 4 parts every 15 minutes or so. afterwards, i drink around 80 grams of sugar from gatorade, and about 25 grams of protein. im doing this cause i read a book called nutrient timing, and a pre and post workout sugar boost seems to be the norm around here. just recently, ive started to get nervous thinking that maybe all the sugar is making me fat. does anyone have any better ideas, or am i on the right track?

buy some Surge and use a scoop at the onset of training and a scoop + creatine post training. no it will not make you fat.

DezZ

Have you actually gained fat as a result of following this routine? Or, are you just worried that you might gain fat because of it? How long have you been doing this? What is your macronutrient intake for the rest of the day?

[quote]srb68 wrote:
before workouts, i take around 30 grams of sugar in the form of gatorade, mixed with 10 grams protein. during my workout, i drink another 30 grams from gatorade and 10 grams protein, divided evenly into 4 parts every 15 minutes or so. afterwards, i drink around 80 grams of sugar from gatorade, and about 25 grams of protein. im doing this cause i read a book called nutrient timing, and a pre and post workout sugar boost seems to be the norm around here. just recently, ive started to get nervous thinking that maybe all the sugar is making me fat. does anyone have any better ideas, or am i on the right track?[/quote]

Sr probably you are taking to much sugar, remember that gatorade will replace electrolites,sugars,sodium,when loose during estenuos exercise. Just my op.

[quote]Dezz wrote:
buy some Surge and use a scoop at the onset of training and a scoop + creatine post training. no it will not make you fat.

DezZ[/quote]

I agree with DezZ on the Surge recommendation. If you are not familiar with it go into the store and read the info article on it.

D

first off what is your goal? Are you trying to lose, gain, maintain?

Me personally, I don’t like to take carbs before my workouts. Especially, since my main goal is to get cut.

So, I take aminos and Stimulant X before my workouts, and aminos during my workout, and post I add some more aminos with my Surge + creatine.

[quote]xjayx300 wrote:
first off what is your goal? Are you trying to lose, gain, maintain?

Me personally, I don’t like to take carbs before my workouts. Especially, since my main goal is to get cut.

So, I take aminos and Stimulant X before my workouts, and aminos during my workout, and post I add some more aminos with my Surge + creatine. [/quote]

jay, I pretty much do the same thing you are with the exception of HOT-ROX Extreme instead of Stimulant X. Everything else is the same and like you I don’t want fat gain, so I am not taking Surge pre and during.

I find this combo is great and gives me energy and I am continuing to get stronger and make gains.

D

Nutrient Timing wasn’t bad, but was already outdated by the time it hit the shelves. I tried to update the info here:
http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=659666

BTW-If you’re having a pre-workout drink then you don’t need to drink during the workout -the nutrients are already doing their job.

[quote]Dedicated wrote:
jay, I pretty much do the same thing you are with the exception of HOT-ROX Extreme instead of Stimulant X. Everything else is the same and like you I don’t want fat gain, so I am not taking Surge pre and during.

I find this combo is great and gives me energy and I am continuing to get stronger and make gains.

D[/quote]

I use to take the HOT-ROX Extreme, but I ran out and each time when I am ready to order some more, the store runs out :frowning:

But, I agree, I’ve had the best results with this combo.