Pre-Packaged Snacks

Anyone have any relatively healthy snacking secrets to share? I’ll start.

Sun-Chips! The cheddar flavor rocks. The nutrition facts state mono and polyunsaturated fats with ZERO trans fat and Cholesterol. Also, complex carbs. The ingredient list is fairly unadulterated.

Delicious and a really clean chip.

[quote]Chickenmcnug wrote:

Sun-Chips! The cheddar flavor rocks. The nutrition facts state mono and polyunsaturated fats with ZERO trans fat and Cholesterol. Also, complex carbs. The ingredient list is fairly unadulterated.

Delicious and a really clean chip.[/quote]

Clean my A$$ but yes they are good dont try and trick yourself into thinking there are a quality food source there still junk damn near the same thing as a corn chip. Mostly all your chips now have gone trans fat free. Its still highly processed grains that are pressed formed and generally fried

Phill

there are millions of “snacking secrets” out there, however I’m not sold on the sun chips thing. Personally for snacks I eat veggies, fruit, nuts–basically anything small you can stick in a bag. My favorite is probably carrots and walnuts, sounds disgusting but try it out.

for a snack dont be eating chips… who wants to eat that junk serisouly…

u really shuolndt need snacks to make it through the day as long as u follow a decent diet of eating every 3 hours and after ur PWO shake having a small meal of Protein and starchy carbs… u should be fine to keep ur motor running all day.

but if you do need a snack have a piece of frut, protein bar, veggies, have a whey shake…

a perfect midafternoon snack 1 scoop whey in 8 oz water and a banana or something along that line… protein bar and a banana…

some small meals that i have that might be of use to you

1 cup tuna put on 2 whole wheat bread slices and put a bunch of veggies on there… and an apple

1 cup chili mix in some veggies and an orange

1 cup chicken, 1 cup brwn rice, 1 cup veggies

1 cup chicken, 1 - 1 1/2 cup salad, 1/2 tbsp olive oil

they dont have to be big meals just small and simple and eating every 2-3 hours…

its about limiting urself and being responsible and not overeating and stuff urself

Delicious and a really clean chip.[/quote]

Put the Sun Chips down, now! They are made from corn, which is a worthless high-sugar grain. C’mon, man. They’re made by Frito-Lay aren’t they?

Anyhow, your best bets are, in no particular order:

Beef Jerky
Walnuts, Almonds, Cashews (and you can mix them with dried fruit, dark chocolate pieces, raisins, etc)
Fruit
Cottage Cheese, regular cheese, milk, etc
Peanut butter
Protein Shakes (of course!)
Veggies!!!
Hard-boiled Eggs

Put the packaged junk food down, and go natural (except for the jerky, i know it comes in a package, but its all protein)

Oh ok. Lets all be high and mighty and tout the use of vegetables in a thread called “pre-packaged snacks”.

I wasn’t claiming that sun chips are good for you. I was saying that as a pre-packaged snack, they are above par and you should not be ashamed of eating them every blue moon.

On the scale of snacks they are above a pop tart but below a carrot stick. How about that?

Oh ok. Lets all be high and mighty and tout the use of vegetables in a thread called “pre-packaged snacks”.

I wasn’t claiming that sun chips are good for you. I was saying that as a pre-packaged snack, they are above par and you should not be ashamed of eating them every blue moon.

On the scale of snacks they are above a pop tart but below a carrot stick. How about that?[/quote]

This thread should have been titled what junk you like to buy at the gas station than.

here is what I snack on everyday

2 ounces of almonds and a large apple twice a day

big ass bowl of cottage cheese pineapple
etc

I weigh out my 3 lb bags of almonds into 2 ounce bags and bring a cooler with me everyday to work.

How is it not prepackaged if someone takes the forward thought and time to plan ahead so they can make good choices?

I also would like to point out that I will eat some sun chips or donuts or whatever if I want to and not stress about it, but I am not going to come on a site like T-Nation.com and talk about how it is a great healthy snack.

I agree the pre-packaged snack title is decieving… but i guess i get ur point and where you are coming from! i understand that sun chips may be above par compared to poptarts and other leading potato chips, but not the flavored kind like onion or cheddar… just regular sun chips yes i agree are better then others

there may be other leading packaged snacks such as baked items with less fats/cals and whatnot…

but for chips and other items sun chips are above par and better…

but for snacks and stuff i like to go for maybe a cup of chili and an orange… or a banana and a protein shake/bar! :slight_smile: my favorite… is almonds and some Cottage cheeese! all the time before bed