Pre-Meet Supplement Advice?

Thanks for all the info and tips guys!! ill be sure to incorporate all of this info. First meet so im nervous and im sure ill have plenty of adrenaline . So holding off on the sups until deads might be a good idea.

How’d it turn out? I didn’t get a chance to make it up there or I’d have introduced myself.

[quote]Melvin Smiley wrote:
How’d it turn out? I didn’t get a chance to make it up there or I’d have introduced myself.[/quote]
I started a subject, check it out!
http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_strength/first_meet_results_?id=4407935&pageNo=1

[quote]StormTheBeach wrote:
Immediately after weigh-in: gallon of 50/50 water gatorade mix, shitload of bananas, more vitmin b, 3 more grams of kre-alkaline, rockstar recovery mixed with couple scoops of Surge Workout Fuel (keep this topped off all day, probably go through about 3 cans and 6 scoops and have yet to test positive for caffiene), 3 scoops of protein powder in water, lots of fish oil. Fair warniing, your pee will be two things: constantly streaming and glow in the dark/neon colors at this point.
[/quote]

wats the point of diluting the gatorade like that? ive read articles and other posts where people dilute water with gatorade and pedialyte but never understood the reasoning behind it? im doing a water manipulation to put off a couple lbs for weigh ins and i was thinking of using pedialyte but wasnt sure.

[quote]fong520 wrote:

[quote]StormTheBeach wrote:
Immediately after weigh-in: gallon of 50/50 water gatorade mix, shitload of bananas, more vitmin b, 3 more grams of kre-alkaline, rockstar recovery mixed with couple scoops of Surge Workout Fuel (keep this topped off all day, probably go through about 3 cans and 6 scoops and have yet to test positive for caffiene), 3 scoops of protein powder in water, lots of fish oil. Fair warniing, your pee will be two things: constantly streaming and glow in the dark/neon colors at this point.
[/quote]

wats the point of diluting the gatorade like that? ive read articles and other posts where people dilute water with gatorade and pedialyte but never understood the reasoning behind it? im doing a water manipulation to put off a couple lbs for weigh ins and i was thinking of using pedialyte but wasnt sure. [/quote]

Especailly after cutting water weight, too much straight gatorade/pedialyte/anything with super high elctrolyte concetrations might make a hot fudge brownie in your squat suit. Even too much water too fast after a cut can cause hyperhydration if you arent careful. Plus dilute a gallon of gatorade and you now have 2 gallons of gatorade and that will last you the entire meet.

A 3% drop in bodyweight due to water loss can cause a decreases in performance. Re-hydrating too fast is dangerous at this point too. So, dont drop more than 3% and it probably doesnt even matter if you dilute it or not.