Pre-Game Meal

I was wondering what everyones favorite pre-game meal is? What kind of meal do you think is important for a sport where extended concentration is needed like Football, Baseball, Hockey and Rugby? Does anyone have any pre-game meal rituals like Wade Boggs and his chicken?

I have a big bowl of pasta with some chicken and a “Red Bull”.

I have the same pregame meal before every basketball game.

16 ounces skim milk
1 scoop whey
1 scoop Grow!
1 cup raw oatmeal
1 banana

For me it depends on what time the game is. My soccer matches are at 8:30 or 10:15 on Sunday mornings, so I will usually have 1-2 cups of plain yogurt, a scoop of Grow! and some raw oatmeal, maybe with berries if I have them on hand. I also try and be sure I give myself at least 90 minutes before the game to eat that.

[quote]monkey_space wrote:
I have the same pregame meal before every basketball game.

16 ounces skim milk
1 scoop whey
1 scoop Grow!
1 cup raw oatmeal
1 banana[/quote]

I forgot to mention that I have this at least 60 minutes before my game.

This is what I do for Rugby games:

Raw oats & Grow! w/ fruit 2 hours before kickoff.

Power Drive 30 mins before kickoff.

When I played hockey, I had my wife make this special multigrain, dark brown bread. I would cut two thick slices, spread peanut butter and 1/2 a large banana per slice. That was it.

Of course the total calories for that meal was about 700 kcals. I would have this about 2.5-3 hours before game time.

(I had gone back to college when I was 30 and played on the college hockey team. At my age, I found this to work best. I would also consume 4 litres op water per day.)

Tyler

This thread is old but ill respond anyway incase someone reads it. My best pre-hockey meal is a whole wheat, banana and peanut butter sandwich. Gives me tons of energy that lasts (fat+carbs+potassium).