T Nation

Pre-First Cycle Questions

!!

300mg a week is low, but you will absolutely need some type of PCT, whether the nolva protocol or a stasis/taper. That's at least three times your endogenous production of test. You may see some gains with that - but, why not take the 'standard' beginner dose of 500mg/week? I think you'd much happier with the results.

The Dbol is a good jumpstart to the test-cyp, but you may want to consider upping the dose to 40mg/day for the six weeks.

You most definately will need PCT. 20mg of dbol is pretty low but is not a complete waste. You probably don't even need dbol in a first cycle. Gains will be substantial off Test alone, assuming the diet is really good.

Any reason you aren't thinking of doing the standard first cycle of 10-12 weeks of Test at 500mg/wk?

Read the stickies again and decide which route you want to take for PCT.

EDIT
Dammit 5.0 I Wanted to be first!! lol

I am more in the camp of lower doses personally.. i dont think there is anything wrong with 5.0's recommendations.. and i understand the mentality of -
"if one is going to get shut down, may as well make it really worthwhile"..

But i think for a first cycle, then 300mg cyp and 30mg dbol will give fantastic results.. (i consider 20mg dbol a little TOO low - yes, even i think that is not worth it!)
but i would also like to add, this isnt an attempt to 'correct' 5.0 - just wanted to offer my different perspective is all..

:slightly_smiling:

Ha, sorry, man!

Awesome advice, though.

Hell, if I needed correcting, I'd appreciate you doing it, JJ.

We all know this stuff can be done many different ways. I don't argue at all with your logic. My personal preference is just one over another.

I know that either "Altered" or "bushy" (i never remember which, they are both very knowledgeable lads) thinks that if one is to suppress - one may as well use 500mg over 250/300mg..

but thats all it is, personal preference really..

:wink:

this IS the hardest part.. and you need to find which theory and method YOU trust and believe to have the most grounding in endocrinology, science and in real world results that you think will work the best for restoring your endogenous test again.

this is often a trial and error thing on your part.., but is also something you can bring here and listen to what others do.

this site is a total fan and supporter of the test taper with a stasis period where there is a 4-6(or more) period where HRT dosages of test are used to bring a normal homeostasis-like equilibrium to the body - except the function of the HPTA... which will be restored with the tapering off testosterone and SERM use.

It has worked well for many here and is what is likely going to be recommended to you here for the most part.

I personally like to edit these methods for my own use - but that is just me, and not something i could rightly recommend.$. as i am not SO arrogant as to think that it is better for anyone else than the test taper might be.

Hope that makes sense.. you can find all the info on the taper i mentioned here:

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_training_performance_bodybuilding_gear/test_taper_protocol_1

JJ

[quote] Brook wrote:
this IS the hardest part.. and you need to find which theory and method YOU trust and believe to have the most grounding in endocrinology, science and in real world results that you think will work the best for restoring your endogenous test again.

this is often a trial and error thing on your part.., but is also something you can bring here and listen to what others do.

this site is a total fan and supporter of the test taper with a stasis period where there is a 4-6(or more) period where HRT dosages of test are used to bring a normal homeostasis-like equilibrium to the body - except the function of the HPTA... which will be restored with the tapering off testosterone and SERM use.

It has worked well for many here and is what is likely going to be recommended to you here for the most part.

I personally like to edit these methods for my own use - but that is just me, and not something i could rightly recommend.$. as i am not SO arrogant as to think that it is better for anyone else than the test taper might be.

Hope that makes sense.. you can find all the info on the taper i mentioned here:

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_training_performance_bodybuilding_gear/test_taper_protocol_1

!!