T Nation

Pre-Employment Blood Work

Hey yall. Working towards a career with Florida Department of Corrections. The only thing I have left to do is the pre employment physical which consists of a urinalysis and fasting blood work.

I have been off Test E and Dbol for approximately 2 months now. My question is this: Will test levels or anything abnormal be shown in the blood work that would cause me to be disqualified from employment?

Did you do a PCT or use an AI?

depends what they test for. If they do a hormone profile then you’ll be in trouble, but most places don’t.

After that period of time and those substances, no, even if they included anabolic steroids in the screening. Typically, for example with Quest Diagnostic as the testing service, anabolic steroids aren’t included in a pre-employment test. But I can’t say with regard to what the Florida Department of Corrections specifically might ask to be tested. However even if they did ask for this, again, after that much time with those steroids, nothing should be detected.

Yes I did a PCT. Normal stuff. 50mg Clomid ED, 40mg Nolva ED, .5mg Arimidex ED

None of those are tested for in employment screening.

So in short, I’ll be safe if I go do the physical tomorrow?

“Safe” is a strong word but to my knowledge the odds are very, very greatly in your favor.

For your test to fail would take a combination of unlikely things: their choosing to do a test that ordinarily would not be done, plus a supplier providing you different and more expensive drugs than you paid for, such as nandrolone for testosterone or Winstrol for Dianabol. Such a combination seems extremely unlikely. Even then, while a test that went directly to GC/MS might fail, I’d expect it to pass initial screening. So it would take a really unlikely combination of results to give a problem. Not necessarily impossible, but really unlikely.

You ended use with plenty of time to spare. The above is just tending to be precise rather than saying things absolutely.

I saw on the Internet that the “Exit Time” for test enanthate is around 3 months. Is that not entirely accurate? I understand it won’t matter because the chances of them testing for AAS are very slim, but I’m trying to cover all bases ya know?

It’s not accurate for the purpose of this testing.

The only testing that can distinguish injected testosterone from natural, and pick up relatively small remaining percentages of injection, is isotopic. This won’t be done for employment.

At this point, it would be purely a question of whether non-natural substances are detected, not whether isotopic balance of a natural substance is off by a fraction of a hair. No problem there.

Thanks for the insight! I feel a lot better about it now

[quote]Tylerl90 wrote:
I saw on the Internet that the “Exit Time” for test enanthate is around 3 months. Is that not entirely accurate? I understand it won’t matter because the chances of them testing for AAS are very slim, but I’m trying to cover all bases ya know?[/quote]

this is what I thought as well, thanks for the clarification Bill

What about the PCT’s? Will they be detected and if so how long do I need to flush my system before doing the blood work/urinalysis?

What about the PCT’s? Will they be detected and if so how long do I need to flush my system before doing the blood work/urinalysis?

Nobody here knows exactly what will be tested for in this particular screening, but it’s highly unlikely that these will show up. You’ve already been given all the information you need.

Gotcha

Searches that you do for this will turn up detection times for WADA sports testing. That is about 1000x more sensitive than work testing. In fact, judging from my family members on the police force, you might be disqualified if you’re not geared up.