T Nation

Pre-Cycle Levels (Should I Go Onto TRT?)


#1

Hey All,

I'm just reviewing my blood results that i had done pre-cycle. I didnt really take much notice of them because i assumed they would be in a good range pre-cycle with no PH / AAS use. Here are the results:

Test 13.3 nmol/L
SHBG 29 nmol/l
Free Androgen index 46
Free Test 293.4 pmol/l

FSH 3 U/L
LH 3 U/L

TSH 1.21 mU/L

My Doctor knows i was going on AAS, we did not review the bloods and my coach did not say anything about my levels, but looking at my test levels those would be in the lower range correct? Would it be worth exploring the idea of TRT or should i go get more bloods done (seeing as ive finished PCT) to see where they now stand? Or do my bloods look okay? (I havent done much research into normal levels etc and wanted some input)


#2

Maybe you should try running clomid to bring your T back up. If I was given that option before I started pinning I wold have tried it first. I’ve been on TRT for a year now and pinning twice a week you keep more stable levels. I enjoy it but TRT is for life, not a few months. So you have to stick yourself a lot.

I did however find a lab with Test Undecanoate(sp) which will allow me to pin twice a monh and keep my levels high. So as soon as my Rx runs out I’m going to try that.


#3

It’s just a number, it’s all about how you feel. The number may work for you while others may feel like shit with those numbers.

I would get more bloods. Don’t make a decision just off one blood test. I would get more things checked because there may be ankther underlying issue for you being on the lower side of the range.


#4

What do you mean you haven’t cycled? Could have sworn you have


#5

You just got done with a 20 week cycle and are suprised your t levels aren’t optimal?

Welcome to reality


#6

[quote]DoctorJekyll wrote:
Hey All,

I’m just reviewing my blood results that i had done pre-cycle. I didnt really take much notice of them because i assumed they would be in a good range pre-cycle with no PH / AAS use. Here are the results:

Test 13.3 nmol/L
SHBG 29 nmol/l
Free Androgen index 46
Free Test 293.4 pmol/l

FSH 3 U/L
LH 3 U/L

TSH 1.21 mU/L

My Doctor knows i was going on AAS, we did not review the bloods and my coach did not say anything about my levels, but looking at my test levels those would be in the lower range correct? Would it be worth exploring the idea of TRT or should i go get more bloods done (seeing as ive finished PCT) to see where they now stand? Or do my bloods look okay? (I havent done much research into normal levels etc and wanted some input)
[/quote]

i could be wrong, but it looks like your free test is actually on the high end…


#7

[quote]eatliftsleep wrote:
What do you mean you haven’t cycled? Could have sworn you have[/quote]

I have, these numbers are from before.


#8

[quote]cycobushmaster wrote:

[quote]DoctorJekyll wrote:
Hey All,

I’m just reviewing my blood results that i had done pre-cycle. I didnt really take much notice of them because i assumed they would be in a good range pre-cycle with no PH / AAS use. Here are the results:

Test 13.3 nmol/L
SHBG 29 nmol/l
Free Androgen index 46
Free Test 293.4 pmol/l

FSH 3 U/L
LH 3 U/L

TSH 1.21 mU/L

My Doctor knows i was going on AAS, we did not review the bloods and my coach did not say anything about my levels, but looking at my test levels those would be in the lower range correct? Would it be worth exploring the idea of TRT or should i go get more bloods done (seeing as ive finished PCT) to see where they now stand? Or do my bloods look okay? (I havent done much research into normal levels etc and wanted some input)
[/quote]

i could be wrong, but it looks like your free test is actually on the high end…[/quote]

Ahh, Ive been looking at the wrong reference for free test.


#9

[quote]DoctorJekyll wrote:

[quote]eatliftsleep wrote:
What do you mean you haven’t cycled? Could have sworn you have[/quote]

I have, these numbers are from before.[/quote]

Ahh ok gotcha


#10

[quote]eatliftsleep wrote:

[quote]DoctorJekyll wrote:

[quote]eatliftsleep wrote:
What do you mean you haven’t cycled? Could have sworn you have[/quote]

I have, these numbers are from before.[/quote]

Ahh ok gotcha
[/quote]

Yeah, I misunderstood free test to overall test i think. Was going off the idea that if i was low before my cycle then after 20 weeks i’d probably need trt if i was lower than pre-cycle levels. Gonna get in for bloods to check how i am now anyway.


#11

FYI the range for free testosterone is 174?729 pmol/L for reference. So i’d be sitting low/middle of the range?


#12

How do you feel now? You’re gonna have to get new bloods, these are old