Pre-Cycle Bloodwork

Hi everyone, I’m thinking about cycling in the future so I got some blood work done just to have a reference if I ever need to check where my natural levels were. I’m 24, 5ft 9 ish, and around 160 lbs (weighed in 163 lbs this morning), as far as my bf % goes I’m not sure but given that people tend to underestimate this I would say anywhere between 15 and 20%.

Proteins
Albumin 44.6 g/L (Range: 35 - 50)
SHBG 38.8 nmol/L (Range: 18.3 - 54.1)

Hormones
Hormone Phase Men Phase
FSH 3.47 IU/L (Range: 1.5 - 12.4)
LH 5.39 IU/L (Range: 1.7 - 8.6)
Oestradiol 80.2 pmol/L (Range: 41 - 159)
Testosterone 17.6 nmol/L (Range: 8.64 - 29)
Free Testosterone - Calc. 0.331 nmol/L (Range: 0.2 - 0.62)
Free Androgen Index 45.36 Ratio (Range: 24 - 104)
Prolactin 190 mU/L (Range: 86 - 324)

Adrenal Hormones
DHEA Sulphate 8.03 umol/L (Range: 5.73 - 13.4)

I have to say that I’m quite disappointed with the results, nothing out of range for sure but levels aren’t gold especially my testosterone levels. I made some decent gains in the gym and always had issues with acne so I was expecting higher testosterone levels as a certain explanation but you never know …

Anyways let me know what you guys think thanks!

I see no reason why you can’t get to a solid 180-190 lbs 10-12% body fat before starting your first cycle. I’m the same
Height as you are and that’s what I did, I would suggest you do the same.
What’s your training, diet, and sleep like? I would imagine you are gaining some size weekly at this point, correct?

Your numbers don’t look too bad but don’t look too great, just like mine. I was disappointed when I saw what mine were the first time haha…

2 Likes

That is actually the plan, I’m reconsidering my diet and training at this point and I hope to pack on 10 to 20 more pounds of muscle in the year to come. My training is based on a Push-Pull-Legs x2 Program : I focus on chest and back on the first days of the week then triceps and biceps for the second push-pull (but I still hit each muscle group 2x per week), I train legs just the standard way with squats, deadlifts and the leg press with some accessories. As for diet, I am eating in a slight surplus at around 3100 cal. I have to admit that sleep schedule is wrecked but I manage to get 8 to 10 hours of sleep.

Yes I’m still gaining around a pound every three weeks or so, I know I’m not yet at my limit so I’m trying whatever I can to get there naturally. I don’t want to rush the decision of taking steroids to soon since I’m still doing research and reconsidering my reasons.

It’s actually reassuring to hear that someone with similar levels was able to achieve a good FFMI before hoping on gear so thank you for that haha

Sounds like you are doing good, so keep it up.

Smart move not rushing into steroids. I would suggest not to start until you are ready for the possibility of never stopping. Not only is it very addicting but you might never be able to come off.(although pretty rare) just something to think about.

Thanks for your advice and encouragements, means a lot!

I’m aware of possible permanent shutdown and the adverse effects it can have on fertility and the possibility of my doc putting me on TRT. While I would consider TRT in my late 30s for the benefits, I still want to have kids later on in life and I don’t want steroids to stop me from having a family.
To not be able to get off of testosterone doesn’t scare me as much as loss of fertility (before 35 at least), and I think I would be able to handle most of the other side effects.

Anyways for now I’m sticking to my research and improving my diet and training naturally cheers!

This is the reason that kept me from playing around with steroids until after my two children were born. Just isn’t worth it, you’re young and have plenty of natural potential left!

1 Like

Head over to the training threads and see what some of the gents over there recommend for your current size and goals.

I would say look into GVT, but that’s supposedly pretty brutal for nattys to embark on. But stick around and learn everything you can about training and diet and I promise you that you’ll get to that goal long before you need to start cycling.

1 Like

I totally relate, although I have not yet found my significant other, I don’t feel like risking a family for the sake of a few pounds of muscle that could have otherwise been achieved naturally.

It seems that permanent HPTA shutdown is very unlikely and infertility is even more improbable, but you never know if you’ll fall into the unlucky lot.

I’ll do that, and I’ll have a look into GVT, seems like an interesting program and I might give it a go for a couple of weeks.
I have to say that I feel like my overall strength has stalled except for legs (squats and deadlifts are still slightly improving) but I’m still gaining weight. It might be that I’m over training … I’ll post a thread on the training category and see what answers I get. Thanks again!

Definitely unlikely, but in my mind wasn’t worth it. I have a buddy whose sperm count is as close to zero as possible. He’s 25 years old. Has taken A LOT of shit, but none the less, he’s toast.

Did he try HCG yet? but then again if he’s staked a bunch of compounds seems like he’s done for especially at that young age