T Nation

Pre-Cycle Bloodwork Results

First off, I want to preface this and apologize for the length of this post. It may be a bit lengthy. Frankly, I’m not sure if this should go in here or the TRT section. Oh well…

I’m about to do my first cycle. 750MG Test Enanthate weeks 1-12, 50MG/day DBol weeks 1-5. Have Adex, Nolvadex, and Clomid on hand. I have been training for 7 years.

Stats:
25 years old
6’7"
275 lbs.

Bench: 375lb
Squat: 475
Deadlift: 550

I’ve been researching this for a couple of years and I have finally committed to jumping on AAS. Cycle first, see how it goes, possibly blast and cruise later on. However, I went in for my pre-cycle bloodwork and I have some concerns.

Testosterone 349 ng/dL
FSH 2.5 mIU/mL
LH 2.8 mIU/mL

I went to my doctor a couple of years ago with the symptoms of depression, feeling constantly lethargic, no motivation, poor sleep, etc. Not once did I consider low testosterone simply because I have made some pretty decent gains(I think) in the past years of training.

Do those testosterone levels look low for a healthy, active, 25 year old male? They seem very low to me, but I could just be greedy.

Should I put this cycle on hold for now and seek TRT?

Definitely low. Should be atleast high 600s imo. You can focus on correcting it naturally, although no guarantees or take the trt route. If you plan on doing multiple cycles in the future and you are already 25 then why not trt? 25 ia still pretty young but your not getting any younger. Before considering blasting and cruising I would get on atrt regimine first. Doc visits can be a pain but at least you have aguaranteed source if anything doesn’t go as planned.

[quote]eatliftsleep wrote:
Definitely low. Should be atleast high 600s imo. You can focus on correcting it naturally, although no guarantees or take the trt route. If you plan on doing multiple cycles in the future and you are already 25 then why not trt? 25 ia still pretty young but your not getting any younger. Before considering blasting and cruising I would get on atrt regimine first. Doc visits can be a pain but at least you have aguaranteed source if anything doesn’t go as planned.[/quote]

That’s exactly what I was thinking. Thanks for the input!

You should make a log about your cycle as well; itd be interesting to read and see what you decide to do with this. You’re a monster it sounds like lol. Keep us updated man, good luck

Well, you can focus on getting your HPTA health back, which will entail digging deeper into the causes of low T and addressing the problem (pituitary function, cortisol, thyroid function, nutrient deficiencies, etc.) or you can jump straight into TRT. The first wouldn’t make much sense if you plan on doing cycles in the future since they will probably be deleterious to your HPTA.

I would find an endocrinologist and get everything checked out. Your number is where mine was at before I started TRT 5 months ago, the only difference is I am going to be 37 soon. You seem like you did a fair amount of research. If you decide not to go to an endo, why not try a simple Test only 500mg a week, maybe some HCG in there followed by a proper PCT and see if you can restart yourself.

Well, I spoke to my primary care physician and he insists I do not have low Test levels. Therefore, he is refusing to write me a referral to an endocrinologist.

What do?? This is frustrating to say the least. Do I self treat with UGL stuff from my source?? I found a TRT clinic in my area and spoke with them today. They seem to think I could get a prescription for 200MG/week of Test Cyp, HCG, and an AI. It’s fairly pricey though.

Maybe try a different physician, if possible?