Pre-Contest, Final Week and Peaking

Hey CT, I’m new to the forum, and I’m an 18 year old natural bodybuilder and have a competition this saturday, July 10. I have been going through my depletion workouts so that my carb load is effective on friday/saturday morning. I’ve done chest and tris, legs, and will be doing back and bi’s tomorrow.

However, wasn’t too sure about friday, before I start carbing back up. Any thoughts? Thanks. Also, in terms of water, I’m following a 3 gallon intake up until today; dropped it to 2.5, thursday will be 2 gallons, and friday will be 1.5 gallons. My sodium intake has been 3 grams since saturday. I planned on cutting it down to 2 grams thursday and less than 1 gram on friday to help me fill out and store sodium in the muscle tissue when I take in certain foods prior to pre-judging (I was following a program set up by Layne Norton).

Thoughts on this? Thanks a lot.

[quote]obe923 wrote:
Hey CT, I’m new to the forum, and I’m an 18 year old natural bodybuilder and have a competition this saturday, July 10. I have been going through my depletion workouts so that my carb load is effective on friday/saturday morning. I’ve done chest and tris, legs, and will be doing back and bi’s tomorrow.

However, wasn’t too sure about friday, before I start carbing back up. Any thoughts? Thanks. Also, in terms of water, I’m following a 3 gallon intake up until today; dropped it to 2.5, thursday will be 2 gallons, and friday will be 1.5 gallons. My sodium intake has been 3 grams since saturday. I planned on cutting it down to 2 grams thursday and less than 1 gram on friday to help me fill out and store sodium in the muscle tissue when I take in certain foods prior to pre-judging (I was following a program set up by Layne Norton).

[/quote]

I’d honestly like to help, but I cannot. Peaking for a contest is a very tricky thing. I personally do not like to give peaking advice for a contest to someone that I have never worked with. In fact, I never peak a client myself if I cannot see him every day prior to the contest.

[quote]obe923 wrote:

[/quote]

I used Layne nortons carb/water/sodium protocol and felt I looked just as dry if not better than other guys in that department. It is too late to start making changes that you won’t know the result so just stick to those guidelines at this point. Also it says on fridays workout if you wanted to deplete 1 weak muscle group to increase glycogen storage specifically in that muscle you can.
In the future try doing this 3-4 weeks out if you have time and are in good enough shape if you are unsure how your body will react, and you can adjust from there.