Pre-Bed Snack When Cutting?

Everytime I try to cut I end up lying in bed at 2 a.m. unable to sleep because I’m hungry. I do fine during the day, but this late night thing ends up killing my motivation due to lack of sleep.

How have others dealt with this?

I wish I had an appetite like that. Couldn’t you just have a bunch of vegetables before bed to fill you up?

Drink a glass of milk. It will help you feel full, especialy if you drink it fast!! Good Luck I am attempting to cut myself (body fat that is)!!

Try a hot drink, like an herbal tea - just make sure its caffeine free! It will fill you up, and also help get you back to sleep.

A scoop or two of Low-carb, slow digesting protein powder should do the trick.

Cottage cheese is another good one.

[quote]TDog305 wrote:

Cottage cheese is another good one.[/quote]

milk isn’t such a great idea.

TDog has it down. some cottage cheese or a scoop or two of Metabolic Drive would hit the spot and help you out.

What and when do you eat in your last meal?

[quote]consumer wrote:
TDog305 wrote:

TDog has it down. some cottage cheese or a scoop or two of Metabolic Drive would hit the spot and help you out.[/quote]

Why isn’t milk a good idea?

My advise - good slow digesting protein mixed with milk, water, and EVOO. Also, eat a half cup of cottage cheese with it. You could easily get a good 60 grams of protein in you to get through the night. And, the extra fat from the EVOO will fuel you for the morning.

[quote]terribleivan wrote:
consumer wrote:
TDog305 wrote:

TDog has it down. some cottage cheese or a scoop or two of Metabolic Drive would hit the spot and help you out.

Why isn’t milk a good idea?

My advise - good slow digesting protein mixed with milk, water, and EVOO. Also, eat a half cup of cottage cheese with it. You could easily get a good 60 grams of protein in you to get through the night. And, the extra fat from the EVOO will fuel you for the morning.[/quote]

If cutting, in general, I would not recommend milk, let alone at night. Milk provokes a high insulin response, thereby negating the benefits of a low-carb, slow digesting, protein based, pre-bed meal

2 scoops Grow! last night + flax seeds. Seemed to do the trick. Still a little hungry, but was able to sleep.

[quote]MR1 wrote:
What and when do you eat in your last meal?[/quote]

Usually it’s something like a lean meat + Veggies + olive oil around 9. I don’t go to bed until 2ish.

I think I’ve been overdoing it with the late night shake. I’ve been making a shake with 1 Tbs Peanut Butter, some cottage chese, Grow! and Flax Seed… which is near 500 cals, I believe. Oh, plus some whip cream…

Last night’s shake was 300, and I really think those last few hundred cals really make a difference in terms of whether I drop any weight or just maintain.

I’m having trouble with this too. I’m into a cutting diet, but I end up going to the fridge multiple times looking at cheese, milk, shakes, celery/Peanut butter, the list can go on,

I go to bed hungry lately.

I agree a ton of low impact veggies, a slow digesting protein and fats.

I liked veggies then a big tub os sugar free jello with some Metabolic Drive (2 scoops mixed in and walnuts or almonds.

For late night or any time i’m trying to curb hunger without carbs, i almost always have a couple spoons of natural peanut butter or almond butter, couple with a protein source like turkey, Metabolic Drive or a couple hard boiled eggs.

Always does the trick…especially the peanut butter.
That alone will stop my hunger pains immediately.

Eat pussy. If that doesn’t work, try some cottage cheese.

Cottage cheese and all natural peanut butter my friend.

believe it or not,when some people crave for “carbs”,they’re actually craving for a certain vitamin b.
So look for something that’s in the family of B vitamins.

[quote]Cthulhu wrote:
believe it or not,when some people crave for “carbs”,they’re actually craving for a certain vitamin b.
So look for something that’s in the family of B vitamins.[/quote]

Yea?

I guess what you eat depends on how many calories you can swing at that point of the day… . if Im hungry before bed I usually cut a hunk of cheese off and eat that… . fat and protein. …