Pre-Bed Meal

I know that cottage cheese is recommended the most for your last meal before bedtime due to the slow digesting casein, but i can’t eat it. i mixed it with fruit and i almost puked in the kitchen after the second bite. I am trying to go by “nutritional timing” so a P+F(no C) is needed. Any suggestions? I currently down a shake and eat some natural peanut butter ritz cracker sandwhiches. Any help is appreciated.

[quote]WeaponX wrote:
I know that cottage cheese is recommended the most for your last meal before bedtime due to the slow digesting casein, but i can’t eat it. i mixed it with fruit and i almost puked in the kitchen after the second bite. I am trying to go by “nutritional timing” so a P+F(no C) is needed. Any suggestions? I currently down a shake and eat some natural peanut butter ritz cracker sandwhiches. Any help is appreciated.[/quote]

Go with Metabolic Drive and mix in some natural peanut butter.

I like 1 scoop protein (in my case whey, but some type of casein would be better) 1c cottage cheese, 1tbsp extra virgin olive oil and 1c milk. If you’re really counting carbs you can substitute water for the milk. I never taste the cottage cheese like this, as I don’t like it by itself much either.

The high salt content of cottage cheese is a bad idea when we’re going to be water-fasted for 8 hours.

I suggest either low salt c.cheese, or supplementing with a casein powder.