Pre and Post Workout Meals?

I’ll say now that I’m not a fan of any supplements, they either taste disgusting and/or give me massive migraines, so I’m sticking just to food :slight_smile:

For the pre-workout, what should I do? The post workout I know should be high-carb, high protein to block cortisol for fat loss, and high-protein, high-fat to slow down body systems for muscle building, but I’m absolutely stumped on pre. What kind of food should I be eating?

[quote]ToxicGinger wrote:
I’ll say now that I’m not a fan of any supplements, they either taste disgusting and/or give me massive migraines, so I’m sticking just to food :slight_smile:

For the pre-workout, what should I do? The post workout I know should be high-carb, high protein to block cortisol for fat loss, and high-protein, high-fat to slow down body systems for muscle building, but I’m absolutely stumped on pre. What kind of food should I be eating?[/quote]

If you’re going whole food:
4oz chicken breast
1cup ‘old fashion’ oatmeal
2tbsp ‘natural’ peanut butter

[quote]BlueCollarTr8n wrote:

[quote]ToxicGinger wrote:

For the pre-workout, what should I do? The post workout I know should be high-carb, high protein to block cortisol for fat loss, and high-protein, high-fat to slow down body systems for muscle building, but I’m absolutely stumped on pre. What kind of food should I be eating?[/quote]

If you’re going whole food:
4oz chicken breast
1cup ‘old fashion’ oatmeal
2tbsp ‘natural’ peanut butter[/quote]

Thanks man!

you could use eggwhites instead of the chicken too

I’m off to the gym for push day. An hour ago I just had

1/2 Cup egg whites w/1c Almond milk + 4oz Top round Steak + 2 slices rice flour bread + 2 eggs

Trying a non protein powder regimen for a little while myself. Expensive as hell though.