Pre and Post Workout Foods?

I created this thread to ask the question What are the best foods for pre and post workout. I read that eating white potatoes after lifting was ideal is this true? What else keeps “the anabolic window” open after lifting, simple carbs? complex?

someone has to know.

Not sure whether you realize it, but T-Nation has a boatload of articles on topics just like this.

I don’t recall a specific one off the top of my head, but I’m sure you could find some there on this topic within 30 seconds.

I think oatmeal is best pre-workout.

I use 2 cups oatmeal, 2 tbs ground flax, 2 tbs fine ground coffee, bunch of cinnamon all nuked until super thick and lovely. I drink 16oz skim with it. This is my breakfast also.

I workout in the a.m. 30 min after waking drinking only water+whey. I like solid foods and have had no probs with no post shake and the oatmeal above for around a year now. It works for me, may not work for others but i like it and wont change it.

I love oatmeal pre-workout. It has a bunch of carbs, and gets me ready for the gym. For post workout, I have Surge, and then my meal after that is chicken breast with some veggies. This usually works out very, very well for me.

2 cups of oatmeal? damn thats alot of oatmeal

Ya it is lol breakfast total is around 850 cal. Since i workput on an empty stomach and and limit my carbs after my dinner the day earlier around 5pm. My body seems to like it and it has worked good and starts my day great after my workout. The only bad part is i go through around 3 lbs of old fashion oats every 7-8 days or so.
Im glad its really cheap and super healthy. I couldnt function without eating that for my breakfast.
It does make a huge bowl but i wouldnt want it any other way, no food pre works up a great appetite and i love it.

im a fan of honey pre workout, maybe its just a menta thing but its good as hell either way

sounds gross but give it a try
serving of oatmeal, 1 whole egg, 1 egg yolk removed, cup of water=2 minutes in microwave, top with dannon yogurt.

i love it

[quote]spartan1022 wrote:
sounds gross but give it a try
serving of oatmeal, 1 whole egg, 1 egg yolk removed, cup of water=2 minutes in microwave, top with dannon yogurt.

i love it
[/quote]

that dosent sound to bad