Praying for Pookie

[quote]Ren wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Why? Do you want Pookie to suffer? Also, wasn’t the call for Christians to pray for him? Are you guys Christians?

C’mon, gents, where are the prayers?

I think your opinion of suffering differs alot from pookie’s. And no, I am not a christian, but you guys aren’t atheists and that didn’t stop you from posting on our thread now did it?[/quote]

Did I post on your atheist satanic thread? I don’t remember and don’t feel like searching since you’re not a Christian. SWGAS…

Jumpin’ Jesus H Christ on a Stick! Who let all the Christians out?

Is it really necessary for this place to be invaded by religion?

Vroom,
I don’t appreciate referring to Jesus in that way.

Anyway, Pookie, this is for you:

Hail Mary, full of the grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed are thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. And please ask your Son Jesus to show himself to Pookie.

Amen.

Go ahead atheists, flame away. But I will pray for Pookie and prayer is appropriate anywhere and anytime.

HH

[quote]Vroom,
I don’t appreciate referring to Jesus in that way.[/quote]

Oh look, it’s the PC police…

Anyway, if you keep your religion out of my face, you won’t have to hear how I feel about having it in my face.

By the way, aren’t you supposed to collect stray sheep, instead of driving them away?

Tsk.

What did Jesus say as he was being crucified?

“Ahhhhhhhhhhh…!”

Why didn’t Jesus replace the stone from the tomb when he rose from the dead?

Well, he was born in a barn.

Jesus dies and goes up to Heaven. The first thing he does is look for his father, as he has never met the man before and is curious as to what he looks like, and whether or not Jesus looks like his mother or father, etc. He looks high and low but cannot find him.

He asks St. Peter “Where is my father?” But St. Peter says he doesn’t know.

He asks the archangel Gabriel “Where is my father?” But Gabriel doesn’t know.

He asks John the Baptist “Where is my father?” But John does not know. So he wanders Heaven, impatiently searching.

Suddenly he sees out of the mist an old man coming toward him. The man is very old, with white hair, stooped over a little. “Stop!” Jesus yells. “Who are you?”

“Oh, please help me, I am an old man in search of my son.” Jesus is very curious. Could this be his father? “Tell me of your son, old man.”

“Oh, you would know him if you saw him. Holes in his hand where the nails used to be, he was nailed to a cross, you know…”

“Father!!!” Screams Jesus.

“Pinocchio!!!” yells the old man.

What’s the difference between Jesus Christ and an oil painting?

You only need one nail to hold up a picture.

Jesus Christ walks into a hotel. He hands the inkeeper three nails and asks…

“Can you put me up for the night?”

Why can’t Jesus eat M&M’s?

They keep falling through his hands.

Why doesn’t jesus play hockey?
Beacuse he’s scared to get nailed to the boards.

[quote]vroom wrote:
Vroom,

[/quote]

But I thought Democrats were the PC police, and we were ruining this country…my mistake…

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
We can’t let Prof X have ALL the fun! If you are a T-Nation Christian and wish to join me in prayers for the immortal soul of Pookie, then answer this thread.

And please, no jokes about ‘praying for poontang’ instead!

:slight_smile:
HH[/quote]

Right, wasn’t i falmed for something like this, and i had to convince a certain section of the forum that it was acceptable.

I’ll join you in prayers for pookie. I wasn’t much different than him a few years ago - very belligerent and anti-Christian. I may be a bit course at times, but I know God can accomplish great things. I’ve seen it.

[quote]vroom wrote:
Jumpin’ Jesus H Christ on a Stick! Who let all the Christians out?

Is it really necessary for this place to be invaded by religion?[/quote]

vroom with all due respect it seems that YOU are the one who is playing the role of “PC police” with the comment above.

The politically correct are always the first people to attempt to silence religion in public places.

:wink:

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
vroom wrote:
Vroom,

But I thought Democrats were the PC police, and we were ruining this country…my mistake…
[/quote]

Mistake? No, no you’re exatly right, and thank you for pointing that out!

[quote]doogie wrote:
What did Jesus say as he was being crucified?

“Ahhhhhhhhhhh…!”

Why didn’t Jesus replace the stone from the tomb when he rose from the dead?

Well, he was born in a barn.

Jesus dies and goes up to Heaven. The first thing he does is look for his father, as he has never met the man before and is curious as to what he looks like, and whether or not Jesus looks like his mother or father, etc. He looks high and low but cannot find him.

He asks St. Peter “Where is my father?” But St. Peter says he doesn’t know.

He asks the archangel Gabriel “Where is my father?” But Gabriel doesn’t know.

He asks John the Baptist “Where is my father?” But John does not know. So he wanders Heaven, impatiently searching.

Suddenly he sees out of the mist an old man coming toward him. The man is very old, with white hair, stooped over a little. “Stop!” Jesus yells. “Who are you?”

“Oh, please help me, I am an old man in search of my son.” Jesus is very curious. Could this be his father? “Tell me of your son, old man.”

“Oh, you would know him if you saw him. Holes in his hand where the nails used to be, he was nailed to a cross, you know…”

“Father!!!” Screams Jesus.

“Pinocchio!!!” yells the old man.

What’s the difference between Jesus Christ and an oil painting?

You only need one nail to hold up a picture.

Jesus Christ walks into a hotel. He hands the inkeeper three nails and asks…

“Can you put me up for the night?”

Why can’t Jesus eat M&M’s?

They keep falling through his hands.

Why doesn’t jesus play hockey?
Beacuse he’s scared to get nailed to the boards.[/quote]

You’re going to Hell for that bit. Now get on the bus with Leary and Scorcese.

In all serousness though, (I like saying that I’ve noticed), I intended no harm to actually come to Pookie when I prayed a blesing of objects to fall from the sky upon him. I wish him good fortune, and may God open his eyes to what is around him, and in Gods own way, teach Pookie the truth.

Notice I said Gods own way. Not Jimmy Saggarts, not Faldwells, not Pope Benedicts or even Brigham Young, Buddha or Mohammeds way.

God speaks to us all in ways some do not see or understand. Respect that

[quote]miniross wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
We can’t let Prof X have ALL the fun! If you are a T-Nation Christian and wish to join me in prayers for the immortal soul of Pookie, then answer this thread.

And please, no jokes about ‘praying for poontang’ instead!

:slight_smile:
HH

Right, wasn’t i falmed for something like this, and i had to convince a certain section of the forum that it was acceptable.

[/quote]

You can’t possibly expect them to be consistent, can you?

[quote]vroom with all due respect it seems that YOU are the one who is playing the role of “PC police” with the comment above.

The politically correct are always the first people to attempt to silence religion in public places. [/quote]

Zeb,

This particular conversation has been had too many times.

Whenever a right wing person tries to complain about something, they claim that while you have the right to say what you want, they have the right to voice their opinion of it.

Either I have that right as well, or you are bunch of lying hypocrites.

Now, personally, I find it annoying as fuck to have a bunch of non-thinking robots quoting scriptures and offering prayers and pushing God at “me” all of the time. It has nothing to do with being PC.

Won’t it be great when the forums are reduced to those of varying religions arguing the merits of there religions? The Islamic can quote the Koran to you, you can tell them they are going to hell in a handbasket, then the Buddhists can tell everyone to chill out, while the Catholics can explain how their particular theology is best.

Yeah, those will be rockin’ times!

There are many places filled with people who would be more than happy to celebrate your religion with you. This is possibly not one of those places.

You guys should know that I originally posted this with the Off Topic threads but the mods moved it here. Just so you know…

And I still don’t see why praying for someone is bad. No one is flaming the guy. He was the only one to take the oath in my ‘Jaws of Satan’ thread, so thought I’d pray for him.

Vroom, you’ve responded several times to a Christian thread. You CAN ignore it you know (unless this is some way of God coming into your life).

I don’t like Canadians or liberals much, but I’m going to have side with vroom on this one. It goes both ways. If you want religious freedom it means freedom for everyone’s religion.

And just so you know, nodody else in the world cares about the mythical beings you belive in or your fantasyland after life. I get it, when you all die, you get to play texas no limit hold’em with jesus, the easter bunny, and santa claus using devotional poker chips that god picked up at books a million. Now leave us alone.

-God, please save me from your crazy ass followers- ahhhhmen

[quote]vroom wrote:

Zeb,

Whenever a right wing person tries to complain about something, they claim that while you have the right to say what you want, they have the right to voice their opinion of it.

Now, personally, I find it annoying as fuck to have a bunch of non-thinking robots quoting scriptures and offering prayers and pushing God at “me” all of the time. It has nothing to do with being PC.

Won’t it be great when the forums are reduced to those of varying religions arguing the merits of there religions? The Islamic can quote the Koran to you, you can tell them they are going to hell in a handbasket, then the Buddhists can tell everyone to chill out, while the Catholics can explain how their particular theology is best.

There are many places filled with people who would be more than happy to celebrate your religion with you. This is possibly not one of those places.
[/quote]

This thread needs a little cheering up…

Marvin the Complainer and his wife happened to pass away on the same day and as they await their interview with St. Peter at the Pearly Gates, they’re approached by an angel. “Hello,” says the angel. “I’m your host, and welcome to Heaven. In a few moments you’ll be entering through our famous Pearly Gates for the most fantastic adventure you’ve ever experienced. You’ll have a chauffeur driven limousine service anywhere in the universe, plus deluxe accommodations at our luxury hotel with all the amenities, pool, Jacuzzi, indoor tennis courts, and more. Then after your day of relaxation, dine at any of our 5-star restaurants savoring the finest of any cuisine known to man.”

At this point, Marvin gives his wife a shove in the ribs with his elbow. “If it wasn’t for you and that stupid oat bran, we’d have been here ten years ago!”

I don’t understand.

After the last child was born, she told me we had to cut back on expenses, I had to give up drinking beer. I was not a big drinker, maybe a 12 pack on weekends. Anyway, I gave it up.

I noticed the other day when she came home from grocery shopping that the receipt had $45 in makeup on it.

I said, “Wait a minute. I’ve given up beer and you haven’t given up anything!”

She said, “I buy that makeup for you, so I can look pretty for you.” I told her, “Hell, that’s what the beer was for!”

A man was out in his back yard attempting to fly a kite.

He would throw it up into the air, the wind would catch it, spin it around for a few seconds, then it would come crashing back down. He tried this over and over again.

All the while his wife was watching from her kitchen window. Muttering to herself how men need guidance in everything, she opened the window and yelled, “You need more tail!!” The man turned to her and said, “Well, make up your mind. Last night you told me to go fly a kite.”

[quote]Flop Hat wrote:
I don’t like Canadians or liberals much, but I’m going to have side with vroom on this one. It goes both ways. If you want religious freedom it means freedom for everyone’s religion.

And just so you know, nodody else in the world cares about the mythical beings you belive in or your fantasyland after life. I get it, when you all die, you get to play texas no limit hold’em with jesus, the easter bunny, and santa claus using devotional poker chips that god picked up at books a million. Now leave us alone.

-God, please save me from your crazy ass followers- ahhhhmen

vroom wrote:

Zeb,

[/quote]

Why did you read and respond to the thread?