T Nation

Praetorian Press

Take a normal 45 lb olympic bar and stand it up on end, with your hand gripping the bar at a level that allows your elbow to bend at a 90 degree angle. Then hammercurl the barbell to shoulder height and press it overhead keeping your elbow in.

Nice forearm, bicep and tricep exercise. Can also be done with a lighter weight olympic length bar or E-Z Curl bar. That Olympic bar is Very hard to control. Just made this up.

Been done.

“Nihil novi sub sole.”

Ecclesiastes

Praetorian Press - I really like the sound of that! Where did you come up with that name?

I think a 5’ straight bar would work great. Perhaps a little less awkward than the 7’.

I might just go try this right now.

[quote]Roy wrote:
Been done.[/quote]

I figured it had been done, theres no way someone hadnt came up with that one before. What is it called? And the other reason I made this thread was to see how many people would click on the link just because it said Praetorian Press, which is just the baddest ass name I can think of…

Well at first I was going to post the name praetorian press and just see how many people clicked on the link because of the badass name. Then I was think of a move that could be similar to a Praetorian Guard holding a spear. And the Praetorian Guard was the Imperial Roman Guard assigned to protect the emperor and had other duties in Rome itself…

[quote]TShaw wrote:
“Nihil novi sub sole.”

Ecclesiastes[/quote]

proximo sed nolo fumigare

There is always something new to be discovered.

sic

[quote]TShaw wrote:

TShaw wrote:
“Nihil novi sub sole.”

Shadowzz4 wrote:
“proximo sed nolo fumigare”

sic[/quote]

damnit i took latin for 3 years and cant read this, lol…seeit done before pretty har, yet fun

Just registering my appreciation for the spare, Latin interplay. Also, no one’s yelled at anyone on this thread.

Cheers.