PR Thread?

Usually the only ones who can actually lift the weights that they say they can to those guys on the Internets.

This fucking debate? People aren’t even posting unrealistic numbers.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
Usually the only ones who can actually lift the weights that they say they can to those guys on the Internets.[/quote]

I still wouldn’t bring a cam to the gym. I’d just start to laugh while my friends were taping me to be honest.

my max lifts…success and failures are on youtube.

dl 137.5 kgs last night for one. fucked me up a treat though. least i broke the 300 pound mark finally though.

fucking well chuffed today.

[quote]Artem wrote:
This fucking debate? People aren’t even posting unrealistic numbers.[/quote]

i know right. if some 140 pound kid is like yeah i benched 315x6 ill call b.s. but theres nothing brow raising about this.

Here is a link to me failing the second rep of a touch and go deadlift.

I didn’t think the guy meant it as people are putting up retarded numbers, but any good PR thread has multimedia. At least that’s what I took it as.

I just hit my PR on bench today: 300 lbs. I know that’s now huge number or anything, but I’ve wanted to get there for a long time. Plus I’m old, so give me a break. I posted it on Youtube to share with friends. Forms sucks - ass off bench and little bit of a bounce, but I’m still happy.

[quote]Tumbles wrote:

I didn’t think the guy meant it as people are putting up retarded numbers, but any good PR thread has multimedia. At least that’s what I took it as.[/quote]

dude that was 405 not 455. 455 = 4plates + 1 25

idk maybe youre right about the other, but i didnt get that tone.

[quote]ataktheday wrote:
I just hit my PR on bench today: 300 lbs. I know that’s now huge number or anything, but I’ve wanted to get there for a long time. Plus I’m old, so give me a break. I posted it on Youtube to share with friends. Forms sucks - ass off bench and little bit of a bounce, but I’m still happy.[/quote]

300 isnt a bad bench at all man. youre probaly one of only a handful of guys at your gym who can bench it, of course theres probaly 20 guys who unrack it, bring it down 2 inches then call it a bench

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
Tumbles wrote:

I didn’t think the guy meant it as people are putting up retarded numbers, but any good PR thread has multimedia. At least that’s what I took it as.

idk maybe youre right about the other, but i didnt get that tone. [/quote]

25s are invisible thanks to angle.

[quote]Tumbles wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
Tumbles wrote:

idk maybe youre right about the other, but i didnt get that tone.

25s are invisible thanks to angle.

[/quote]

oooh. i guess ill take your word, cause i watched it twice and kept looking like where the hell is the 25?

455 is good though. i hate doing singles/doubles but the last time i did a double it was 405.

if i keep progressing with my lifts i should be doing those for reps (405) soon. im hitting 385x5 (at least) next Tuesday. ill move to 405 when i hite 6 or 7 reps @385

Yea that’s about the same strength I was at when I moved to 405.

Also I have a vid of 405x3 and you can compare the effort to the 455 and it should be very clear which is which :stuck_out_tongue:

i like doing Deads in the moderate ranges. its like you do a couple and then you get anabolic super-powers and it helps you get the rest out.

that and i noticed playing good music like deathmetal type shit, helps.

i never really listen to headphones when i lift but then i put on Dig by Mudvayne and smashed through my old numbers, probaly scared some people too. which is one of my subgoals.

i remember we were doing this PT training thing at Bally’s and we got in pairs and trained each other for a session. i was doing RDL’s, i didnt do a warmup walked up to 305 did it x6. then i was all amped up like “thats what i do this for, i want small children to run and cry when they see me walking down the street.”

[quote]Tumbles wrote:
Yea that’s about the same strength I was at when I moved to 405.

Also I have a vid of 405x3 and you can compare the effort to the 455 and it should be very clear which is which :-P[/quote]

were they from the same day? meaning was the 405x3 a warmup precursor to the 405x1? because it looks like you couldve got more out of the 405 vid if you pushed.

I’ve been focussing on fitness and dropping weight as of late (to compete in judo) so I haven’t recently been expecting to do any new PR’s. However last month I managed a 165kg front squat which is a personal best for me and I think I should be doing 170-175kg soon. I’ve also been benching 155kg pretty regularly now and have come close to locking out 160. That isn’t an PR for me but it’s better than anything I’ve done in the past 5 years.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
i like doing Deads in the moderate ranges. its like you do a couple and then you get anabolic super-powers and it helps you get the rest out.

that and i noticed playing good music like deathmetal type shit, helps.

i never really listen to headphones when i lift but then i put on Dig by Mudvayne and smashed through my old numbers, probaly scared some people too. which is one of my subgoals.

i remember we were doing this PT training thing at Bally’s and we got in pairs and trained each other for a session. i was doing RDL’s, i didnt do a warmup walked up to 305 did it x6. then i was all amped up like “thats what i do this for, i want small children to run and cry when they see me walking down the street.” [/quote]

Mudvayne are now considered deathmetal-type music?

R.I.P. Death Metal, I will never forget you.

Though I agree with music sort of helping.
I don’t really hear it during the lifting as such… It’s just sort of blocking out the rest of the world and you get a hint of doublebass/blastbeat here and there :wink:

howd i know some metal-head was gonna chime in?

idk wth Mudvayne is, i know that song gets me amped up and thats all i really care about.

Mr Rogers is good too and so is Good God.

hit 385x5 today on the deadlift.

cant say my other sets went so well though, that first one really drained me.

PRs in log

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/blog_sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_log/one_guys_bloglog?pageNo=0#2661746