PR Thread?

I saw one in t-cell and I don’t think we have one here, and it’s a good idea IMO.

Today I hit 175x8 on incline bench, which is weak but a huge improvement for me.

And last week I hit 455 for almost two reps on deadlifts.

Fuck me if this thread already exists though!

What PRs have you guys hit lately?

Aren’t you the guy who stuck a plunger up his ass when he was 15?

PR thread already going in the strength forum

[quote]IronWarrior24 wrote:
Aren’t you the guy who stuck a plunger up his ass when he was 15?[/quote]

Arent plungers usually wooden handles ?

Wouldn’t you get splinters ???

hmmm… well perhaps this can be a PR thread more pertaining to bodybuilding, such as making PR’s in the “hypertrophy rep range”. I know the dogma of this site is whenever one uses such classifications to shoot them down, but let’s be real, setting PR’s in the weight you can lift in the 5-12 rep range is the most important aspect of bodybuilding and is important, no critical, to putting on lean body mass as fast as possible.

[quote]That One Guy wrote:
hmmm… well perhaps this can be a PR thread more pertaining to bodybuilding, such as making PR’s in the “hypertrophy rep range”. I know the dogma of this site is whenever one uses such classifications to shoot them down, but let’s be real, setting PR’s in the weight you can lift in the 5-12 rep range is the most important aspect of bodybuilding and is important, no critical, to putting on lean body mass as fast as possible.[/quote]

Best post in here.

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
That One Guy wrote:
hmmm… well perhaps this can be a PR thread more pertaining to bodybuilding, such as making PR’s in the “hypertrophy rep range”. I know the dogma of this site is whenever one uses such classifications to shoot them down, but let’s be real, setting PR’s in the weight you can lift in the 5-12 rep range is the most important aspect of bodybuilding and is important, no critical, to putting on lean body mass as fast as possible.

Best post in here.

[/quote]

That’s not that hard of a task to accomplish.

i have no PRs worth bragging about.

i hit 365x5 touch and go on the DL if thats worth anything.

speaking of DL’s i feel like i can get a better pull if i put my hands very close and inside but then one side starts weeble-wobbling and i balance it out but any tips on getting a cleaner pull?

Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
That One Guy wrote:

Best post in here.

That’s not that hard of a task to accomplish.[/quote]

You’re just jealous because he did it before you.

Just kidding, you’re right though.

Aren’t you the guy who stuck a plunger up his ass when he was 15?[/quote]

brb making new account

Very happy with my dumb bell shoulder press yesterday:

110’sx6 been stuck at 4-5 for like 2 weeks and finally got 6, woooo!

Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
That One Guy wrote:

Best post in here.

That’s not that hard of a task to accomplish.[/quote]

So you’re saying it doesn’t take years of consistent hard work in the gym, along with a solid diet, to bring ones back squat up from 250x6 to 500x6.

IronWarrior24 wrote:
Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
That One Guy wrote:

Best post in here.

So you’re saying it doesn’t take years of consistent hard work in the gym, along with a solid diet, to bring ones back squat up from 250x6 to 500x6.[/quote]

I think he was talking about your post being the best one in this thread.

As far as a new rep PR is concerned, 335 X 6 non-touch and go elevated snatch-grip deadlifts today (that was a mouthful.)

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
i have no PRs worth bragging about.

i hit 365x5 touch and go on the DL if thats worth anything.

speaking of DL’s i feel like i can get a better pull if i put my hands very close and inside but then one side starts weeble-wobbling and i balance it out but any tips on getting a cleaner pull?[/quote]

If it’s a PR it’s worth bragging about because it means you are making progress.

For deads I like to keep my feet a little narrower than shoulder width with my hands right outside of them - for me this gives me the most comfortable and strongest pull.

i hit 205 for 6 reps on front squats the other day

I deadlifted 225 x 24 in about 4 minutes. Not great but I was targeting my upper body doing double over hand grip and no straps. I might try it with straps and go for 300 x 24 in 4 minutes.

Also, doing the same thing with pullups I got 30 reps in 3 minutes.

IronWarrior24 wrote:

So you’re saying it doesn’t take years of consistent hard work in the gym, along with a solid diet, to bring ones back squat up from 250x6 to 500x6.[/quote]

No I agree with you on that. I was talking about it not being hard to submit the best post in this thread.

That One Guy wrote:
IronWarrior24 wrote:

So you’re saying it doesn’t take years of consistent hard work in the gym, along with a solid diet, to bring ones back squat up from 250x6 to 500x6.

No I agree with you on that. I was talking about it not being hard to submit the best post in this thread.[/quote]

ah, yes, true, nothing of value was stated before me. Well in a couple of weeks i’ll have rotated to my first exercises again and should hopefully have PR’s to post.

I got 405x5 touch and go deadlift tonight. no gloves, no straps.

365x8 today

i was sooooo close to gettin x9 but on the 9th rep after i lifted it and brought it to the knee area i felt a lot of weight on my toes and was like shit, im gonna fall over so i kept at it a little longer trying to lock it then said fuck it and dropped it.

so basically i got a 3.5 rep increase from last week which is pretty god damn good if you ask me. especially for the DL.

i have to accredit music for helping me though. i usually never listen to music at the gym but today i brought some and was blasting Dig by Mudvayne. this chill comes over me and idk i get into this deep dark angry place. it feels really good though.