PR Deadlift

So I have been on here before but have not posted in a while. Just wanted to share my PR in the gym today, pretty pumped about it. So started on deads today here is what I did. (was not planning on a max because I hit 290 which was a pr last week, but changed my mind half way through).

135x5
185x5
225x5
295x1 pr felt easy so…
305x1 new pr

225x1
135x5
Rest
315xfail
Going to try 315 fresh some time in the next couple of weeks. BTW I am 5’6 20years old, 148lbs

Congrats!

Good job Stetson, Keep up the good work. :slight_smile:

[quote]Stetson wrote:
So I have been on here before but have not posted in a while. Just wanted to share my PR in the gym today, pretty pumped about it. So started on deads today here is what I did. (was not planning on a max because I hit 290 which was a pr last week, but changed my mind half way through).

135x5
185x5
225x5
295x1 pr felt easy so…
305x1 new pr
[/quote]

congrats on the PR!

check out this thread:

[quote]Stetson wrote:

135x5
185x5
225x5
295x1 pr felt easy so…
305x1 new pr

WAY TO GO!!! Congrats and keep up the good work

225x1
135x5
Rest
315xfail
Going to try 315 fresh some time in the next couple of weeks. BTW I am 5’6 20years old, 148lbs[/quote]

[quote]Stetson wrote:

305x1 new pr

[/quote]

Damn! that’s awesome :slight_smile:

So last week tried for 315x1. Wasn’t feeling my best that day but wanted to try anyway(probably should have waited). Pulled it up to mid thigh but couldn’t lock it out. Tried this twice with the same result. Taking it a little lighter for a couple of weeks before I try again as my back was pretty sore.

Does anyone have suggestions on how often you should try for a one rep max, or is it mostly how you are feeling? I can usually tell in my fist two pulls how the day will go. Thanks for the help.