T Nation

Powerlifting...

decent summery of the current state of the sport…

Excuse the momentary hijack. Are there any powerlifers out there in the Denver area?

My one beef with this article: “In the deadlift, a loaded barbell is placed on the floor. The athlete squats down and lifts the bar until the legs and back are straight, and the shoulders pulled back with chest proud. The bar is then carefully returned to the floor.” Umm…that would be dangerous. Please no one try to “carefully” return the weight to the floor when deadlifting.

[quote]cap’nsalty wrote:
My one beef with this article: “In the deadlift, a loaded barbell is placed on the floor. The athlete squats down and lifts the bar until the legs and back are straight, and the shoulders pulled back with chest proud. The bar is then carefully returned to the floor.” Umm…that would be dangerous. Please no one try to “carefully” return the weight to the floor when deadlifting.[/quote]

hmmm…

perhaps it should read - “return to the floor in a controlled manner”.

[quote]cap’nsalty wrote:
My one beef with this article: “In the deadlift, a loaded barbell is placed on the floor. The athlete squats down and lifts the bar until the legs and back are straight, and the shoulders pulled back with chest proud. The bar is then carefully returned to the floor.” Umm…that would be dangerous. Please no one try to “carefully” return the weight to the floor when deadlifting.[/quote]

made the change…