T Nation

Powerlifting Testing Doesnt Make Sense...

im just wondering how does the USAPL know if users are drug free for 3 years?!? hat doesnt make sense when detection times are often shorter then a few months.

They don’t know but since you are signing something it is an “on your honor” kind of thing - which of course means more to some people than others, but the actual urine test can’t detect usage from that long ago. Some feds have used lie detectors to test for 3 years although I don’t believe the USAPL ever used that method but that has its own set of problems.

agreed honor doesnt mean much to some and wow a polygraph that is impressive. do they blood test or hair follicle?

All the drug tests that I am familiar with for lifting are urine samples.

THank you, anybody else have any info on usapl is looking for

Why are you asking exactly?

Most of the USAPL lifters are likely to be life-time drug-free. Some are not but are still drug-free. I’m willing to bet that it is the significant minority out there who’re cheating the system in any way, because… well… if you’re cycling in a sport that doesn’t give a crap if you’re cycling, why not compete in the untested feds?

[quote]animus wrote:

Most of the USAPL lifters are likely to be life-time drug-free. Some are not but are still drug-free. I’m willing to bet that it is the significant minority out there who’re cheating the system in any way, because… well… if you’re cycling in a sport that doesn’t give a crap if you’re cycling, why not compete in the untested feds?[/quote]

Some of the guys who have raw records in tested leagues are clearly juicing though, like Konstantinovs. I’m sure their numbers got amazingly high without juice, but when the tested raw record for deadlift is also the open raw deadlift record, you really can’t expect me to believe you aren’t juicing.

I can’t offer any insight as to why they do it, but they definitely do. It’s frusterating and confounding.

Also, the polygraphs are a terrible way to test. You can beat a polygraph by clenching your anus each time you answer a question, no joke.

If the leagues really cared about drug testing, they would force registration a year in advance and have random tests for all competitors in the time leading up to the competition. It’s impractical and expensive, but necessary if you really want to stop people from juicing in the natty leagues.

It’s probably just a problem that will never go away.

I apologize for any typos or misspellings in the above, I don’t think my browser’s spell check is working.

apparently no one here is aware of USAPL locator forms and conditions

or heard about the Jesse Norris testing at the Arnold

I compete in USAPL and was randomly selected for testing at my first competition. Piss test was all they did.

[quote]BCP27 wrote:

[quote]animus wrote:

Most of the USAPL lifters are likely to be life-time drug-free. Some are not but are still drug-free. I’m willing to bet that it is the significant minority out there who’re cheating the system in any way, because… well… if you’re cycling in a sport that doesn’t give a crap if you’re cycling, why not compete in the untested feds?[/quote]

Also, the polygraphs are a terrible way to test. You can beat a polygraph by clenching your anus each time you answer a question, no joke.

[/quote]

Have you done this before?

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:

[quote]BCP27 wrote:

[quote]animus wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Some Guys…always looking for an excuse to clench their anus.

[quote]BlueCollarTr8n wrote:

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:

[quote]BCP27 wrote:

[quote]animus wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Some Guys…always looking for an excuse to clench their anus.
[/quote]

I…um…of course not guys! Don’t be silly.

It also means if you have been caught in another fed, they have a valid reason not to allow you in.
I believe the case with Mike Bridges was somewhat unfair though (5 year clean) he was allowed to compete but not lift in international comps?