T Nation

Powerlifting Routine For Bench

First off i want to say im a longtime reader first time poster and i think everything you guys do is great and i look up to many of you so i imagine youd help me and this would be a perfect place to go

ive been doing westside for about a year now with a break in between football ive gotten my lifts up to a 330 touch and go bench and 450 squat at the weight of 220 westside has been getting a little stale and i was wondering if i should switch it up and with what and if anybody had any powerlifting routines or anything to help my bench go up a little more intime for a may max test

try the Blast Your Bench program last time I used it it didnt do shit for me maybe a 5-15lb jump in three weeks dont get me wrong 5-15lbs in 3 weeks is good enough for me but the time before that it put 40lbs on my bench in three weeks

In the program you bench 5 days a week 5 setts, reps changeing every day accept for the last week

basicaly if your used to fairly low reps once a week benching your going to make great gains off of it

[quote]lifter x wrote:
First off i want to say im a longtime reader first time poster and i think everything you guys do is great and i look up to many of you so i imagine youd help me and this would be a perfect place to go

ive been doing westside for about a year now with a break in between football ive gotten my lifts up to a 330 touch and go bench and 450 squat at the weight of 220 westside has been getting a little stale and i was wondering if i should switch it up and with what and if anybody had any powerlifting routines or anything to help my bench go up a little more intime for a may max test [/quote]

Thib wrote an excellent “Increase your bench” article. I don’t have the direct link to it, but go through his articles and you will find it. It is probably well suited to the short time frame between football seasons also.

[quote]Man O’ War wrote:
Thib wrote an excellent “Increase your bench” article. I don’t have the direct link to it, but go through his articles and you will find it. It is probably well suited to the short time frame between football seasons also.
[/quote]

Here’s the link.

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=539885