Powerlifting Question

For the last couple of months, I have been trying to average about 1200 - 1300 calories/day and 8 HOT-ROX/day to drop bodyfat. Lately I am getting more interested in powerlifting. Do I need to be eating massively if I am going to get to supersize squats etc. or I can I stay at a moderate diet?

1200-1300 !!! When I diet I eat about 2500Kcal. If I would eat like you I would loose a lot of musclemass aswell.

The diet dictates you size!! If you want to lift superheavy weights you have to gain some weight yourself. You can’t be a small skinny guy if you want to be a human forklift.

Don’t be in a hurry, it take time to gain LBM. You’ll gain a bit of fat aswell but don’t let you waist get TOO big.

What are your stats now?

Sorry, not much help but maybe better than nothing???

Need to know current stats and powerlifting goals.

Unless you weigh 80 lbs, you need to EAT! If you are of “average” size, you’ll want to AT LEAST double your calories. I weigh around 260 and can see (faintly) my abs. I eat between 5,500 and 6,000 calories per day. You should probably multiply your bodyweight by two and add a zero for calories. However, like the other guys said, we need to know actual stats for an accurate answer.

I echo Mr. Moose.
Also if you have been on 1200-1300kCal per day Id bring it up slowly to a more sensible level for your goals.

Like others (though I’m far from lean) I tend to eat ~4000kCal / day, and diet down on 3000 - 3500kCal while upping activity level.
A “clean” diet will give your body more of what it needs, especially when on reduced energy intake.

Old Dax