Powerlifting Numbers Going Down?

If you’re going to deload, deload completely, take lower intensity sessions until you feel completely recovered to fuck shit up, don’t come back and max again 6 days later.

1. Eat more

2. Sleep more

3. Stop trying to run a specialization program with anything intended to do much more than maintain your other 2 lifts

4. Fucking seriously? It’s not about how many plates are on the bar it’s about how many you’ve added since you started, being strong in no way makes you a good coach of the sport or even good at training. Reasoning like that is why Super Bicep Bros who bench and curl 4 times a week continue to give advice which gets taken because they bench big weights which then gets kids hurt and keeps squats a foot high. What I’m trying to say is you’re a Nazi and Katrina was your fault.

A lifter who started with a 135 bench and got it to 315 in 3 years knows more about training bench than a lifter who started at 225 and got his bench to 325 in the same time and without knowing base lines and training history taking advice based on strength is about as smart as putting your dick into a volcano.

here is that dl routine i was doing,week 8 is what got me.

and my freshman year of high school in 06 i benched 105, i was 98lbs. I am now in my second year of college and benching 335 @ 181lbs. I did something right between them.225lbs seems a good gain to me,i could be wrong though.

[quote]BEAR BORN wrote:
A lifter who started with a 135 bench and got it to 315 in 3 years knows more about training bench than a lifter who started at 225 and got his bench to 325 in the same time[/quote]
^Sounds like one lifter was less fit so he experienced more newbie gains.

Lets say you have two boys the same age. One spends his youth playing little league sports that other plays Warcraft daily. They both decide at the age of 18 that they want to lift weight so they test out. The athletic boy bench presses 200 pounds while the Warcraft boy benches 100 pounds. They lift for 2 years and test again, this time the athletic boy benches 375 while the Warcraft boy benches 300. According to your statement the Warcraft boy knows more about lifting weights?

My point is that absolute strength should be taking into account and is more important then base level strength/rate of progression. If your base strength was a 300 pound press and you progressed to a 500 pound press you know a lot more about lifting weights then a kid who started at 100 pounds and progressed to 300 pounds. All else being equal you need to know more about lifting to progress past a certain point of strength. (IMO)

[quote]
without knowing training history taking advice based on strength is about as smart as putting your dick into a volcano.[/quote]
^This^ I agree with.

Also, I do not promote calling out other forum posters for trying to help.
Just thought I would throw my .02 in.

So, wait, just cause someone is not producing movies, they can’t critique what they see on the big screen? Just because you don’t write novels yourself, you can’t express an opinion on the book you are reading? Interesting… Also, if someone thinks the world cares about what they lift is delusional!

^^^^^^^^^^^
If this is directed at me I have no idea what point you are trying to make.

And in the context of power lifting people care very much about what other people can lift.
It’s kind of the whole sport.

[quote]JLone wrote:

[quote]BEAR BORN wrote:
A lifter who started with a 135 bench and got it to 315 in 3 years knows more about training bench than a lifter who started at 225 and got his bench to 325 in the same time[/quote]
^Sounds like one lifter was less fit so he experienced more newbie gains.

I should have been more specific, assuming they are of roughly the same age/activity training history (none) level and genetic/other differences leave their lifts at those baselines. Mahbadyo. Poor example I suppose.

[quote]A Iron Mack wrote:
here is that dl routine i was doing,week 8 is what got me.

and my freshman year of high school in 06 i benched 105, i was 98lbs. I am now in my second year of college and benching 335 @ 181lbs. I did something right between them.225lbs seems a good gain to me,i could be wrong though.[/quote]

Its called puberty–though I don’t think you’re quite on your way to womanhood yet…god you are a needy tool

Shitty programming and an even worse attitude seem to be the problems to me. I read this entire thread for some reason and now my testicles are smaller.

Why post a question just to be a dickhead when people respond? YOU are the one doing something wrong.

[quote]JLone wrote:
^^^^^^^^^^^

And in the context of power lifting people care very much about what other people can lift.
It’s kind of the whole sport. [/quote]

I didn’t even realise you had posted above haha. My post was totally not directed at you, sorry for the confusion.

[quote]mlekava000 wrote:

[quote]JLone wrote:
^^^^^^^^^^^

It’s kind of the whole sport. [/quote]

I didn’t even realise you had posted above haha. My post was totally not directed at you, sorry for the confusion.[/quote]
He does that a lot

[quote]StormTheBeach wrote:
Shitty programming and an even worse attitude seem to be the problems to me. I read this entire thread for some reason and now my testicles are smaller.

Why post a question just to be a dickhead when people respond? YOU are the one doing something wrong.[/quote]

This was exactly what I was thinking too. Seriously OP? You’re going to ask for help and then be an asshole when people try to help you out? Even if you don’t like what he had to say he still said it respectfully. Get your head outta your ass no wonder you’re fucking numbers are going down.

[quote]Ghost16 wrote:
Get your head outta your ass no wonder you’re fucking numbers are going down. [/quote]

Exactly, head in ass = bad leverages.

Calm down fellaz, I didnt mean it like it sounded. I was wanting an explanation of what I should do differently. But I do appalogize because i didnt want to start all this crap, So i will say I am sorry for being disrespectful. with that being said, Ive been looking at westside program, whats your guys input on that?

Calm down fellaz, I didnt mean it like it sounded. I was wanting an explanation of what I should do differently. But I do appalogize because i didnt want to start all this crap, So i will say I am sorry for being disrespectful. with that being said, Ive been looking at westside program, whats your guys input on that?[/quote]
Commit to it fully and you’re straight.

By “fully” does that include NOT doing bicep,calves,triceps or some work like that? or if I do some of those will it mess me up?

By “fully” does that include NOT doing bicep,calves,triceps or some work like that? or if I do some of those will it mess me up? [/quote]

Read a little more about Westside. Get Louie’s book and read all the articles. There are very distinct cycles and no bodyparts or exercises are excluded. The program is based on physics and developing weaknesses (which is going to be a lot of shit if you havent been training long).

Alright, will do. Thanks! I’ve been training good about 2 years now, which isn’t long. I had very strong ranked lifter tell me i am a 400lbs bencher. He benched 525 raw @ 240bw. So hopefully within the next year or so i can be close to 400 or better, if possible.

[quote]StormTheBeach wrote:

By “fully” does that include NOT doing bicep,calves,triceps or some work like that? or if I do some of those will it mess me up? [/quote]

Read a little more about Westside. Get Louie’s book and read all the articles. There are very distinct cycles and no bodyparts or exercises are excluded. The program is based on physics and developing weaknesses (which is going to be a lot of shit if you havent been training long). [/quote]

Is Louie’s book The Book of Methods?