T Nation

Powerlifting - Magnus Onerud

He is a light 242 and squatted 828, benched 484, and deadlifted 721 pounds. This guy does not look that huge.

http://styrkelyftaren.com/media/Dream_King_070520.wmv

beef

I saw this on FI last week and I’m still as disgusted with him now as I was then.

A 228lb 21 year old should NOT be that strong. And in single ply gear too. Sick. Just bloody sick.

Bloody unreal!!! Man, npw I really feel bad about missing training yesterday.

That was superb.

Well put together highlight too.

Link dosnt work, can we get a mirrior if possible?

That guy’s nuts.

He certainly doesn’t look that big, but he made those lifts look so easy.

Damn…

Interesting

How tall is he?

edit: and yes, the video is pure insanity.

christ wtf am i doing with my life…

His secret is being named Magnus. It’s impossible to not be freakishly strong being named Magnus.

[quote]allNatural wrote:
His secret is being named Magnus. It’s impossible to not be freakishly strong being named Magnus.[/quote]

Thats it I’m changing my name to Magnus.

I have to wonder how he trains.

[quote]Sliver wrote:
I have to wonder how he trains.[/quote]

Hard.

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:
Sliver wrote:
I have to wonder how he trains.

Hard.[/quote]
hard wouldn’t even begin to describe it.

His training log can be found from

www.gometal.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=38

According to his training log it seems that his training is really just squat, bench, deadlift and repeat.

Magnus is a great guy. He is always optimistic and kind. He helps everbody and he is strong, very strong.

It’s an honor for me to be in the same powerlifting club as he is. Magnus won the junior wolrd championship at age 21. Soon he will kick som butt in the open :smiley:

He really does just train the big 3. Does he do something like shieko on them and no assistance. What about back work? I’m so confused with how he trains haha. I acutally used to train my legs so much with diffeent stuff, squats, pause squats, RDL’s etc etc. and made NO GAINS, and then just picked 2 leg exercises. Trained it hard and got great gains! Same thing for bench. But someone at that level I’d assume maybe needs more? What do you all think?

I would imagine the mostly likely case is that he only posts the numbers on the competition lifts and doesnt say anything about assistance work.

[quote]Hanley wrote:
I would imagine the mostly likely case is that he only posts the numbers on the competition lifts and doesnt say anything about assistance work.[/quote]

true true, never thought bout it that way.

This i what he wrote that he does as assistance:

“I don?t do much complements. But i train my stomache kind of hard on a brutal bench with some weight behind my head i also train the muscles on the side of the stomache. I also train my schoulders, that i do with a bar or dumbbell. I press the weights from the chest above the head or from the back of my head above my head
If there is more than say about 5-6 weeks to next competition i train all the regular complements but pretty easy.”