Powerlifting Gym in Paris, France

I will be spending 1 year in Paris, France. Does anyone know of a good powerlifting gym in Paris? I’ve searched the internet but have only been able to find general fitness clubs.
Thanks

I put a message at planetemuscle.com, the largest French forum on training. I’ll let you know when they have answers.

Or if you speak French well enough, you can check them yourself here:

Hope that helps!

You know, I did part of my university education in Paris and then a few years ago, I spent a couple of months there. I looked for a good gym, but the only thing I could find was one of those chain gyms that had a bench and a squat rack…and a bunch of crappy machines.
That was the best one I could find…most of the gyms had weights over in a corner, sort of as an after-thought.

I am sure that there must be a GOOD gym in Paris, but I will be damned if I could find one then. Please post if you do find a good one, as I would be most interested in knowing about it.

On the other hand, there were lots of hot females in the one I went to, and you can play the exotic foreigner. Bonne Drague!

[quote]sls61 wrote:
I will be spending 1 year in Paris, France. Does anyone know of a good powerlifting gym in Paris? I’ve searched the internet but have only been able to find general fitness clubs.
Thanks [/quote]

I shouldn’t bust on you, but a powerlifting gym in Paris, France, hahahahahahahaha.

I know that mean, but I really don’t know of any.

[quote]sls61 wrote:
Thanks [/quote]

The only answer so far is Versaille Satory, don’t have any more info but you can always start with the name

[quote]Zen warrior wrote:
The only answer so far is Versaille Satory, don’t have any more info but you can always start with the name[/quote]

Damn, you’ve got to go all the way to Versaille to find a good gym. That’s a hell of a haul!

[quote]entheogens wrote:
Zen warrior wrote:
The only answer so far is Versaille Satory, don’t have any more info but you can always start with the name

Damn, you’ve got to go all the way to Versaille to find a good gym. That’s a hell of a haul![/quote]

So far the only gyms in Paris that I could find are a chain of gyms owned by Club Med. I guess the name in itself gives you a pretty good idea about the quality of the girls,

[quote]tom63 wrote:
sls61 wrote:
Thanks

I shouldn’t bust on you, but a powerlifting gym in Paris, France, hahahahahahahaha.

I know that mean, but I really don’t know of any.

[/quote]

Uh, huge, thick-necked, shaved-headed dudes with goatees screaming, listening to death metal and rap, performing gruelling, sweaty, often bloody training sessions, with injury fairly common, pain a guaranteed constant.

What about that doesn’t just scream “French” to you?

i have stopped in a serious gym but don’t remember the address. i know you’d be happy with it if you can find it…

it is on the street rue faubourg st antoine off of la bastille. it is on the south side of the street. that’s the best i can do. from the outside, it wasn’t really evident that it was a gym so i would suggest walking down the street and keeping your eyes peeled.

by the way, don’t waste your time with club med… it’s really horrible!!!

one last time…
this might be the one!

Body Gym
157, rue du faubourg-Saint-Antoine

Tel. :01-43-42-42-33

Club ind?pendant - activit?s vari?es

if it is the one, it’s serious!

good luck

[quote]mjlexus wrote:
one last time…
this might be the one!

Body Gym
157, rue du faubourg-Saint-Antoine
[/quote]

You might be right but I just did a Google.fr search for it, went to their web site and came up with this photo that shows a bunch of machines:

http://www.bodygymparis.com/htfr/0001.htm

Maybe there is a free weight area that is not displayed in this photo.

Also, the price is 550 euros per year (440 for students).