Powerlifting Gym in Cleveland?

Hey does anyone in the cleveland ohio area know of a real good powerlifting gym in the area? I live in cleveland near garfield hts. if anyone knows where that is. I go to a really crappy small recreational gym with no powerlifting equipment. i bring my own bands to work out with and everyone at my gym is piss ass weak. They only do benches and curls and they are WEAK. I need competition and better equipment in the cleveland area preferably close by. THANK YOU TO ANYONE WHO CAN HELP.

Here are a few, I think.

Iron Powerhouse Gym
3865 E 71st St
Cleveland, OH 44105
(216) 441-5140

Miller Athletic Club Of Euclid
669 E 185th St
Cleveland, OH 44119
(216) 481-6222

Giachetti’s Athletic Club
4264 Fulton Rd
Cleveland, OH 44144
(216) 398-5305

Club Olympia Inc
28735 Center Ridge Rd
Cleveland, OH 44145
(440)899-2997

Olympic Health Club
3159 W 98th St
Cleveland, OH 44102
(216) 281-7410

Black’s Health World
11934 Lorain Ave
Cleveland, OH 44111
(216) 252-1695

Body Slammers
3615 Superior Ave E
Cleveland, OH 44114
(216) 881-3492

i train at iron powerhouse. thats y i need a new gym. i need a hardcore powerlifting gym!

so there are no powerlifters from cleveland in here that know of a good gym in the area?

Go to elite fitness and drop Dave Tate a line. he is in OH. I am assuming he would be a great source of info on things in Cleveland.

Patrick

TTewell-

I don’t know of any gyms around there, but I used to live in Bedford OH, just down the way from Garfield. I still have family there, but I have since moved on. It was just cool to see someone from “my city” on here… I really miss the Flats downtown. There’s no Shooter’s in Michigan!

TopSirloin

Check out Kings Gym in Bedford. It is owned by Frank and Ed King. They also sponser some USAPL events. There are a number of powerlifters that train there. Lots of equipment including numerous bench presses, squat racks and power cages. They have a reverse hyperextension and a glute-ham machine. There is a padded floor area specifically for deadlifting and they provide the chalk. It’s not very fancy (no steam romm or whirlpool) but who cares. Ed and Frank have been in the business for about 17 years and also provide personal training. It’s no Westside Barbell Club, but it’s probably your best choice aside from Black’s. I have not been to Black’s in a long time. Last time I went the equipment was pretty old and somewhat limited. They may have upgraded since then (~10 years ago). I guess it comes down to where in Cleveland you live, east side or west side, and how far you want to drive.

Another option is Titan’s in Mentor. Not a strict power gym, but there is plenty of power equipment and World Record holder Angelo Berardellini(sp.) and his groupies train there.

Thanks gojira i’ll look into the gym in bedford. Basically the three things that i’m looking for that i don’t have at my gym are a glute ham raise, reverse hyper, and safety squat bar and you mentioned 2 of the three so i am definitely intrigued thanks a lot.