T Nation

Powerlifting Greatness

You know this sport is beautiful.
It really is. Yesterday squat day for me, it was tough. I am getting ready for the USAPL National Masters. My training partner is out of town. I had an APF/WPO judge, a spotter who lifts in the INSA, another USAPL, and another retired lifter who was a former APF champion. They all helped, and encouraged me. Even comforted me over the passing away of my sister last week.

Today bench day same type of thing. The help and encouragement of the powerlifters is great to see. We all helped one another even though the group was getting ready for 3 different meets.
No poor sportsmanship, no back biting, no slamming of orgs. Just exemplified what sports is all about. Hey I am 55 and guys 20 years and more younger than me are helping this old guy and I help them. Man if the so called pro sports would only learn.

I think alot of people just plain forget what you just addressed.

It’s not about what fed you lift in, or whether or not you use gear. It’s about getting stronger and getting better.

From reading this and other forums, it’s funny to see how many of the big name lifters (I am assuming it’s them) talk about how crappy it is that people rip on this or that.

Pull together people, before the vegetarian mall walkers run over us.

sorry 'bout your sister.

[quote]Senseial wrote:
No poor sportsmanship, no back biting, no slamming of orgs. Just exemplified what sports is all about. Hey I am 55 and guys 20 years and more younger than me are helping this old guy and I help them. Man if the so called pro sports would only learn. [/quote]

People get too caught up in all sorts of bullshit. When you get down to it, all powerlifting/weightlifting is is a group of dudes/ladies trying to be better than what they currently are. Take away the organisations and you would still have people in the gym, lifting heavy and trying to help each other out. But as soon as organisations come into it, people have brian explosions and get competitive instead of giving each other a hand. Weird.

Glad to know you have found a good crew to work with. My condolences regarding your sister.

Yeah, brian explosions- weird!