Powerlifting exercises?

I am interested in doing a few powerlifting exercises. I am not to sure what exercises would classify as that so that’s why I’m asking. I am currently on my 2nd phase of OVT and after this I want to try some powerlifting. Can anyone give me some exercises to do, what exercises classify as a powerlifting exercise and what classifies it as a powerlifting exercise? I am a newb to powerlifting so I don’t know much about it. The only thing I know is that a hang clean is considered one. Right?

well power lifting consists of 3 lifts the bench, squat, and dead lift. I would suggest looking up any stuff that dave tate has written also check out www.deepsquatter.com and go to the archive section and read the stuff by dave tate and louie simmons. That will give you a good start. I am also going to start doing some power lifting, but i have done it before but the stuff dave tate and louie write about is gold. Also maybe check out the westside questions threads that have been posted there is 3 of them now. Good luck

B33f

What you’re asking about aren’t powerlifting exercises. I think you’re actually asking about the Olympic lifts and their variants. The two olympic lifts are the snatch and the clean and jerk. The hang clean and power clean are variants of the clean and jerk, just as the one-armed dumbbell snatch and the power snatch are variants of the snatch.

If you’re actually interested in powerlifting, the three competitive lifts are the bench press, the deadlift, and the squat. As with the two olympic lifts, these are considered powerlifts because they’re the ones done in powerlifting competition. Look for Dave Tate’s recent “8 Keys” series at T-mag for more information

Thanks Chris. Thats pretty much what I am asking. I know that the cleans involve pretty much your entire body. I was looking for more exercises that require more body parts to be used at the same time. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Now that I thought about it guess I am looking for exercises or variants that will develop more explosive power. I could do plyos but wanted to do weightlifting exercises.

If you’re interested in working the whole body at once, read everything you can find by John Davies and Christian Thibeaudeau. Chad Waterbury is a fount of information on the subject, too.

The actual order is Squat, bench, and Deadlift. The bench is really just the rest period between the Squat and Deadlift.

Thanks again Chris this is the stuff i was looking for. Strength Training, Bodybuilding & Online Supplement Store - T NATION I was an idiot for classifying them as powerlifing exercises. Thanks again.

And Goldberg’s poundages in each lift reflect how he feels about the bench.

Sorry, too easy. :slight_smile:

sorry goldy i wasn’t really going for any order for 2 reasons 1. cause i have never done a comp so i have no clue and 2. i felt like it so there.

beefcake missed my joke.

yeah sorry i don’t get it, wanna explain? :wink:

I suck at bench(but not for long)so its only the break between the two lifts im much better at.

riiight thanks for coming out b33f

ba dum dum chiiing