Powerlifting Equipment

What kinds of equipment give you the biggest help in moving poundage? Is the canvas squat suit better than a poly? Although i think some of this technology is getting a little out of hand I still want to move the most possible poundage? What bench shirt type is the best too? Regardless of federation.

In moving poundage…

Canvas Squat Suit is much better than poly. Go with Ginny Phillip’s.

Best bench shirt Karin’s DD with Gen 2 denim.

IMHO.

Brian

thanks brian… guys cant you give me more info on new lifitng technologies? i have heard of boss suit and i have no idea what it is. does anyone make canvas shirts? is there any kind of special deadlift suits other than poly i can use? i have no idea where to find out about the latest gear help me out

here you go man i am ina good mood…

Gear 101

bench shirt…
poly- lately the advances in poly have mad poly maybe the best performing shirt out there…many top guys are switching to the Inzer rage its a top notch poly but takes quite a bench to get to touch and is only recomended for top lifters…a training partner has one and he benches 525 @275 and he cant any thing under 565 to touch a 1 board in his rage…same goes for the metal viking shirt wich is very veyr similar to the rage in material and perfromance…another high end and very advanced in learning polys is the phenom from inzer this is what big gene rylecheck uses and is quite a shirt i have one and it takes me around 500 to touch…the polyshirt i would recomend for any beginer who benches between 300-500 is the titan fury…the fury when the back is cut open making it a open back shirt is a great shirt to learn in and the performance is top notch…it also alawys one to learn to manipulate the neck line and gangsta a shirt but is still controlable in learning…another good poly option is the metal pro poly…

denim bench shirts
very very popular shirts…espicially the karins double denims and the inzer black denim these 2 shirts take a lot of learning are best used like the top end polys with esperenced guys to help you learn the groove of the shirt…the denims give a ton of pop from the bottom but a little less carryover to the lock out as the new top end polys…

squat suits

canvas squat suits are for guys with wide stances and get very good carry over from a box squat…if you box squat more than you free squat or there equal a canvas suit is for you…the best canvas on the market is the inzer hybrid better known as the “levithan”…the ginny philips canvas is also know for great performance…so is the frantz models…all these suits are 200+doallars and out quite tricky to learn to use…in my inzer canvas it take me 600 pounds to reach parrellel and that with straps down…with straps up its near 700…

poly squat suits are for guys who dont get very good carryover use a little closer stance and get great pop out of the hole…if you bounce quickly out of the bottom and miss squats at top a poly suit will help you…the metal pro poly is the best poly suit around…the metal viking is a tuffer material and is very close to canvas in its stopping ability…the inzer harcore and the titan boss are also good suits that really help medium stance and close stance squater get pop from the bottom…

deadlift suits…a lot of lifters dont use these becuase i would say 60% of guys dont get 1 pound out of a deadlift suit…guys who pull ultra fast usually dont get shit from dl suits…grinders or slower pullers and sumo pullers get quite a bit from them around 50 pounds…i am a medium stance puller and use metal deadlift suit and get 40 pounds out of it…when i am light enough to get my inzer power pants ( breifs) under my metal dl suit i can get near 60 pounds from that combo…the metal dl suit is really the only option…soem sumo guys get a lot out of the metal pro poly pulling sumo…some guys buy this suit just to pull sumo as most sumo pullers are canvas suit squaters due ot hip strength…

breifs…if you plan to do any squating with aultra wide stance get soem briefs or power pants…there chreap and really help keep the hips and legs healthy…the metal pro breifs and the inzer power pants are soem of the best out there…titan makes a good sets of breifs also…

hope this helps…rb