Powerlifting Cycle Guide

Ok guys lets talk steroids and powerlifting. There’s a bit of a difference between a bodybuilding cycle and powerlifting cycle of gear. I’d like to know what fellow powerlifters out there are using and how your going with it.

Also if you have lifted clean then geared the difference you felt it made. Personally here’s what mine looks like:
800mg of test enanthate p/w
40mg of d-bol a week (very low because the lower back pumps kill me)
200-300mg deca p/w

Simple but it works for me. I’d like some halo coming into a comp but what can you do.
So post yours and discuss.

Current cycle:

1050mg Test E
900mg EQ
600mg Tren E
50mg Dbol

Best lifts 705/605/585@220

10 week cycle:
250 mg test E
500 mg tren E
40 mg dbol pre-workout
Adex
Caber on hand

Best lifts: 720/475/665 at 220

The gear notably tren makes all the difference in the world. Tren is the one thing I don’t run year round for various reasons. But whenever I re-start within a month Im squatting 100lbs more and benching 50lbs more. Tren is a must for PL. The biggest difference between BB and PL gear wise for me was how I used the dbol. BB tend to take small doses throughout the day. PL I switched to taking one larger dose pre-training and it makes a difference. You can try taurine for the back pumps. Also if you only use it once per day and only 3-4 times per week I find the low back pumps are much less a problem but mileage varies there of course.

So in the past I used a protocol more like Double Stuff higher test, pretty high tren. But I found dropping my test down a la Theloneous I was able to mask or just not notice most of the crippling [for me] tren sides. If you are in between weight classes and or want to drop down a class and can clean up your diet. A low dose test high dose tren regime is probably your best bet

Im not a powerlifter but nothing beats tren for strength gains. Also Ive found that nothing provides lasting strength (meaning strength kept after coming off) than tren. Tren/dbol is a cycle Id recommend anyone with a bit of experience to try.

Yes I think I agree that tren strength lasts as long as anything if not longer. Last summer I ran tren came off but started G6 and ran it for a couple months. I was amazed that 50-60 days after my last tren shot I was still nearly as strong as I was on the tren. I do give the G6 some credit too because when I discontinued tren this spring I didnt use the G6 and my strength faded a bit faster. Food for thought I suppose.

[quote]saps wrote:
Yes I think I agree that tren strength lasts as long as anything if not longer. Last summer I ran tren came off but started G6 and ran it for a couple months. I was amazed that 50-60 days after my last tren shot I was still nearly as strong as I was on the tren. I do give the G6 some credit too because when I discontinued tren this spring I didnt use the G6 and my strength faded a bit faster. Food for thought I suppose.[/quote]

What dosing protocol did you use for the G6? And you started the G6 right when you discontinued using the tren?

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:

[quote]saps wrote:
Yes I think I agree that tren strength lasts as long as anything if not longer. Last summer I ran tren came off but started G6 and ran it for a couple months. I was amazed that 50-60 days after my last tren shot I was still nearly as strong as I was on the tren. I do give the G6 some credit too because when I discontinued tren this spring I didnt use the G6 and my strength faded a bit faster. Food for thought I suppose.[/quote]

What dosing protocol did you use for the G6? And you started the G6 right when you discontinued using the tren?[/quote]
Yup right after. I was generally between 500-800mcg a day and eventually settled on 500mcg since 800mcg kinda made me feel like I was still on tren with some of the sides like insomnia and breathing trouble. BTW, that 500mcg was all at once all about 20-30 minutes post workout

?

I ran halo and test suspension together and loved the crap out of it. 2 on 2 off. If/when I jump back into PL, I will run combos of test/halo/tren/dbol

[quote]OTS1 wrote:
I ran halo and test suspension together and loved the crap out of it. 2 on 2 off. If/when I jump back into PL, I will run combos of test/halo/tren/dbol[/quote]

My last cycle was low test, high tren, preworkout dbol, then used halo on meet day and I set a 105lb PR.

Highly recommended. ahah

very informative guys. i have a love hate relationship with tren. gave me crazy anxiety and palpitations. have to weigh up the pro’s and con’s

[quote]h-man11 wrote:
very informative guys. i have a love hate relationship with tren. gave me crazy anxiety and palpitations. have to weigh up the pro’s and con’s
[/quote]
Did you run it with more than 200mg a week of test? If yes, try it again with just 200mg week of test

Like everyone keeps saying tren is your friend. Strength and aggression in bounds.

Deca seems an odd choice, as its not a great drug for strength, most anabolism, although it does have its nice effects, especially with the joints.

Ive found test absolutely is a must for me in strength.

Generally I can simply keep bumping the test and the strength keeps coming.

I intend to run high test and high tren next cycle.

How are cycles for powerlifting different than those for bodybuilding? It seems like there are fewer aromatizing drugs. I would’ve guessed PLers would usually want lots of estrogen for water retention and possible strength gains.

[quote]Lover95 wrote:
How are cycles for powerlifting different than those for bodybuilding? It seems like there are fewer aromatizing drugs. I would’ve guessed PLers would usually want lots of estrogen for water retention and possible strength gains.
[/quote]
Why on earth would you think that? PL compete in weight classes. Lighter is better. I used to do a bloated 242 then I found ways to reach down to 220 and nearly lift the same poundages… advantage 220. Its true there is a segment of the PL community [usually the SHW] which prides itself on now having a fit as a fiddle appearance. They just care about the bottom line of hitting their lifts.

But anyone under 275lbs does care and if you can come down a weight class and still keep your strength you will do better than just simply weighing more on the scale but not having extra strength to justify the extra lbs.

And if you think the cycles are different they’re really not for many. What is different is the training and diet.

Powerlifter cycles are only different because they dont care about cutting water as the meet gets closer, unless they are trying to make weight. Even so, fat loss would be preferred way to drop a few pounds.

Even if one wanted “lots of estrogen” that wouldnt mean theyd choose mutiple drugs that aromatize. What would be the point of that, for this particlar goal (adding estrogen)? Simply adding more testosterone would be sufficient. And really when you get up to 1g or more of test per week all youd hasve to do is lower the AI dose (if one was even used in the first place).

And if gyno is a concern and the person STILL wants estrogen to remain high just use nolvadex. All of this is bordering on examining unnecessary details.

Eating a ton and busting ass is much more important than how many different aromatizing and non aromatizing drugs are used. But powerlifters do have different cycles for off season and pre-meet.

Well, everyone’s mentioned test and dbol. Both are aromatizing. Then Tren and Halo: non-aromatizing. Why these drugs? They have the greatest effect on strength, and thats what PL is.

I forgot to mention that I enjoyed adrol as well. I might consider that if weight class is not an issue. For me, I never thought to hard about weight class when I competed. Just go in as strong as possible. If I was weighing in at 221 the night before, thats a different story. But, overall, I just wanted to be strong.

saps wrote:
Did you run it with more than 200mg a week of test? If yes, try it again with just 200mg week of test

Yes i did run it with about 500mg of test so now i know. cheers
With regards to the deca i did run it for my joints mainly my knees and elbows.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
Powerlifter cycles are only different because they dont care about cutting water as the meet gets closer, unless they are trying to make weight. Even so, fat loss would be preferred way to drop a few pounds. [/quote]

Well the thread was how are PL cycles different than BB cycles, and the only difference seems like lots of nonaromatizing drugs, but I guess that’s actually androgenic drugs for the agression and strength boost.

Do PLers ever take other drugs before meets?