Powerlifting Comps for My Age Group

hey guys I’ve been reading this forum and a lot of you guys have inspired me to get into raw power lifting. I was wondering if there were competitions for my age group?

Currently, I’m 17 and I:
Bench:315
Squat:~400? (haven’t maxed in a while)
Deadlift: ~450? (same haven’t maxed in a while)
Weight: 202 lb

thank you

This is the third thread on this subject this week.

To anyone reading this that is thinking about getting into powerlifting…

www.powerliftingwatch.com/node/4421

That is how you find a meet.

Don’t ask how you’ll do in competition. It depends on who else shows up. It isn’t about winning, its about gaining experience, setting some new PRs, learning, and having a little fun.

Want to compete equipped? Check the fed’s rules about what is legal. Each one is different. If you still have questions after looking at the rules, ask.

Finally, have fun and kick ass and stop starting threads about how you think you want to do a meet.

My advice to you. Your still in highschool yes? sooo heres what i did. In highschool comps USAPL is really lenient for their competitors. What you do is borrow a wrestling singlet, get a big lifting belt no markings and go buy some wrist and knee wraps. You can pick up a cheap pair of both for 30 bucks combined. Its by Altus so what i did to get past the judges equip check was cut the labels off :-P. The money youll save competing as a highschool student will pay for the wraps compared to competing as a regular competitor.

Edit My avatar was the USPF NJ Highschool states back in march of 07 and as you see they let me compete in gym shorts and a cut off tee. USAPL wont be THAT easy but you get the jist