Powerlifting and Diet

im a serious powerlifter and my goal is to gain and get more strength but since i started i have bin haveing some diet problems im getting fat hehe simple as that ,i cant seem to find the middle either i eat to much or i eat to little and loose strength any diet ideas_would be great to hear

The first thing to a proper diet is grammar and spelling. Get that fixed first.

As for actual diet, paleo is great. If you don’t like counting things that’s probably the best option there is. Carb backloading is also a good choice for carb lovers.

By the way I’m not a grammar Nazi. However basic punctuation and capitalization is important and I hate it when people can’t press the shift key to capitalize the first word of every sentence or nouns. I used to do that and found the error of such laziness.

By the way, an underscore is not a punctuation. :slight_smile:

You may want to consider a food log and track what you’re eating when it’s “to little” or “to much”.

Maybe it is food choices, maybe it is timing, or maybe it is your training. Could you post a sample daily menu along with your training information, maybe some body stats – then people could help you more easily.

[quote]lilvikin wrote:
im a serious powerlifter and my goal is to gain and get more strength but since i started i have bin haveing some diet problems im getting fat hehe simple as that ,i cant seem to find the middle either i eat to much or i eat to little and loose strength any diet ideas_would be great to hear[/quote]
So from lilvikin’s created threads we see that he is a 22 year old “serious powerlifter” that needs help with; considering insulin and/or other drugs, recovery, and diet. In That Order…

Talk about doing a**-backwards.

If your training is order start by scaling your diet BACKWARDS.

Get a diet high in protein (meat and shakes) coupled with a lot of veggies. Try to avoid starches and only “load” carbs every couple workouts or when you just feel necessary. Note, I’m not saying ketogenic, but just don’t go crazy with them potatoes.

Do it for two weeks and see where you are. If you’re still gaining fat you probably suck. Most likely you would have done something akin to a slow recomp. Now start adding calories there as you see fit.

If you cheat and eat fast food at lunch, then don’t eat more carbs at night. Use common sense with stuff like that.

In other words, try to find your basic diet for maintenance level (or about there) and the add to it.

[quote]JLone wrote:

[quote]lilvikin wrote:
im a serious powerlifter and my goal is to gain and get more strength but since i started i have bin haveing some diet problems im getting fat hehe simple as that ,i cant seem to find the middle either i eat to much or i eat to little and loose strength any diet ideas_would be great to hear[/quote]
So from lilvikin’s created threads we see that he is a 22 year old “serious powerlifter” that needs help with; considering insulin and/or other drugs, recovery, and diet. In That Order…

Talk about doing a**-backwards. [/quote]

JLone, you’re always such a buzzkill with your logic and basic reasoning responses in every thread involving the opposite of both.