Powerlifting and Body Composition

Jesus… is everyone on the rag or something? Most 275+ guys are fat.

[quote]xxxwtfxxx wrote:

[quote]elano wrote:
Prob because they care too much about their strength to diet down.[/quote]

this is another retarded quistion why do u lose strength when u diet down.[/quote]

Strength goes down because mass moves mass. More weight = bigger mid section = bigger squat.

I was of the belief that a higher bodyfat allows you to have a higher amount of LBM, both by limiting catabolism when your diet and other factors are less than ideal, and making it easier to gain muscle. Once you are carrying an extreme amount of muscle, it gets harder and harder to gain more.
There was a study of bodybuilders and sumo wrestlers where the wrestlers were found to have greater LBM than steroid using bodybuilders. I don’t have the link, but if anyone does I’d be grateful!

Also extra girth lends itself to improved leverage with the squat and bench, and decreased leverage in the deadlift.

[quote]Hanley wrote:

[quote]xxxwtfxxx wrote:

[quote]elano wrote:

this is another retarded quistion why do u lose strength when u diet down.[/quote]

Strength goes down because mass moves mass. More weight = bigger mid section = bigger squat.[/quote]

muscular mass moves weight fat dosent thats why some powerlifters try to be as lean as possible for wieght classes.

and i just answered my quistion so this shouldint have been posted. powerlifters get fat because the easiest way to gain a ton of muscle is to eat caloric surpluss everyday and sense powerlifters dont really care if they get fat they eat the ammount of calories in anything they can find which is ussualy junk food so they get fat but if u put a lean powerlifter agaist a fat powerlifter in the same weight class all things being even the traning the height the lean one has a much greater chance of moving the heavier weight having more muscle mass.

[quote]xxxwtfxxx wrote:

[quote]Hanley wrote:

[quote]xxxwtfxxx wrote:

[quote]elano wrote:

Strength goes down because mass moves mass. More weight = bigger mid section = bigger squat.[/quote]

muscular mass moves weight fat dosent thats why some powerlifters try to be as lean as possible for wieght classes.[/quote]

Ok you try to be 8% bodyfat all the time and lift super heavy.

Matt Kroc and a few lifters can do it. The rest of us arent so fortunate. Yes its possible, and it can be done to lift at a low BF%, but for most of us, we dont do enough cardio and I love pizza and the occasional McChicken.

[quote]brauny96 wrote:

[quote]xxxwtfxxx wrote:

[quote]Hanley wrote:

[quote]xxxwtfxxx wrote:

[quote]elano wrote:

muscular mass moves weight fat dosent thats why some powerlifters try to be as lean as possible for wieght classes.[/quote]

Matt Kroc and a few lifters can do it. The rest of us arent so fortunate. Yes its possible, and it can be done to lift at a low BF%, but for most of us, we dont do enough cardio and I love pizza and the occasional McChicken.[/quote]

simple answere…that i was looking for damn why cant people be smart like u.

being too lean can make lifting heavy pretty hard on your joints, but really go look at the top lifters in the sport…

Jose Garcia is/ was a WPC and APF champion at 275 and is usually no more than maybe 10% bodyfat, there are tons of other 275 and 242 lifters who walk around with abs…

even a lot of the 308ers aren’t sporting huge guts any more

a lot of benchers are helped out by a decent gut, but not everyone who is strong is fat… that’s just something that scrawny people say to make themselves feel better…

This guy used to troll the Combat section just so everyone knows. He asked the same type of question about body composition and wrestling. He’s just trolling.

[quote]brauny96 wrote:

[quote]xxxwtfxxx wrote:

[quote]Hanley wrote:

[quote]xxxwtfxxx wrote:

[quote]elano wrote:

Matt Kroc and a few lifters can do it. The rest of us arent so fortunate. Yes its possible, and it can be done to lift at a low BF%, but for most of us, we dont do enough cardio and I love pizza and the occasional McChicken.[/quote]

Mmmmmmm, McChicken…

[quote]Monopoly19 wrote:

[quote]brauny96 wrote:

[quote]xxxwtfxxx wrote:

[quote]Hanley wrote:

[quote]xxxwtfxxx wrote:

[quote]elano wrote:

Mmmmmmm, McChicken…[/quote]

McGangBang.

[quote]theBarzeen wrote:
being too lean can make lifting heavy pretty hard on your joints, but really go look at the top lifters in the sport…

Jose Garcia is/ was a WPC and APF champion at 275 and is usually no more than maybe 10% bodyfat, there are tons of other 275 and 242 lifters who walk around with abs…

even a lot of the 308ers aren’t sporting huge guts any more

a lot of benchers are helped out by a decent gut, but not everyone who is strong is fat… that’s just something that scrawny people say to make themselves feel better…[/quote]

yeah but thats only if ur like bodybuilder competition bodyfat not if ur like 10-12

[quote]165StateChamp wrote:
This guy used to troll the Combat section just so everyone knows. He asked the same type of question about body composition and wrestling. He’s just trolling.[/quote]

ok george lopez…maybe im just obbsessed with what strength athletes look like when lean.

[quote]xxxwtfxxx wrote:
in powerlifting is it nessecerary to be fat to be strong because bringing the bench press down to a huge gut is much easier then bringing it all the way down to a flat stomach.or does being fat only increase the leverages and not the strength.[/quote]

Ask Jaroslaw Olech and Andrei Belyaev, not an ounce of fat on them two.

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:

[quote]Monopoly19 wrote:

[quote]brauny96 wrote:

[quote]xxxwtfxxx wrote:

[quote]Hanley wrote:

[quote]xxxwtfxxx wrote:

[quote]elano wrote:

Mmmmmmm, McChicken…[/quote]

McGangBang.[/quote]

I am going to make that nest tie I work, isnt that like a mcdouble with a piece of mcchicken on it?

If it is Im makin the big jail bustin gang bang

crispy chicken, 2 pieces of quarter meat, on an angus bun.

lol I start my cut down to 198 monday.

[quote]xxxwtfxxx wrote:

[quote]Hanley wrote:

[quote]xxxwtfxxx wrote:

[quote]elano wrote:

I’m afraid you’re 100% wrong when it comes to your statement that fat doesn’t help to shift more weight on the bar.

the bloat always wins.

I’d rather bench 500 (raw) then look like I can. Some guys have to choose their battles.

Id like to look like Matt Kroc or Josh McMillan, his shoulders and body are just huge! Ill probably end up looking like one of Josh’s training partners, their 308. He’s got the same body type as mine, and same height.

[quote]HoldFast wrote:
I’d rather bench 500 (raw) then look like I can. Some guys have to choose their battles. [/quote]

Then and than are not interchangeable. What you said in this post is not what you think you said.

[quote]Hanley wrote:

[quote]xxxwtfxxx wrote:

[quote]Hanley wrote:

[quote]xxxwtfxxx wrote:

[quote]elano wrote:

I’m afraid you’re 100% wrong when it comes to your statement that fat doesn’t help to shift more weight on the bar.[/quote]

yes by levrages on squat and bench and if ur fat it decreases the levrage in deadlift.does the fat make u some how stronger?no…