T Nation

Powerlifting and Body Composition

in powerlifting is it nessecerary to be fat to be strong because bringing the bench press down to a huge gut is much easier then bringing it all the way down to a flat stomach.or does being fat only increase the leverages and not the strength.

[quote]xxxwtfxxx wrote:
in powerlifting is it nessecerary to be fat to be strong[/quote]

Shut the fuck up.

[quote]BlackLabel wrote:

[quote]xxxwtfxxx wrote:
in powerlifting is it nessecerary to be fat to be strong[/quote]

Shut the fuck up.
[/quote]

lmao u dont like it you can get out.nobody asked for u to post

Are you trollin?

[quote]elano wrote:
Are you trollin?[/quote]

no i am not i just want to know is it because they dont give a fuck about how they look or is it because being fat actually helps with the lifting.

[quote]xxxwtfxxx wrote:

[quote]BlackLabel wrote:

[quote]xxxwtfxxx wrote:
in powerlifting is it nessecerary to be fat to be strong[/quote]

Shut the fuck up.
[/quote]

lmao u dont like it you can get out.nobody asked for u to post [/quote]

This question doesnt even belong in the beginner’s forum. Maybe make a section entitled “stupid fucking questions”.

Thoughts???

Look at competitive lifters in the 220 and below classes. Most aren’t fat. Not every powerlifter looks like Andy Bolton dumb shit.

[quote]BlackLabel wrote:

[quote]xxxwtfxxx wrote:

[quote]BlackLabel wrote:

[quote]xxxwtfxxx wrote:
in powerlifting is it nessecerary to be fat to be strong[/quote]

Shut the fuck up.
[/quote]

lmao u dont like it you can get out.nobody asked for u to post [/quote]

This question doesnt even belong in the beginner’s forum. Maybe make a section entitled “stupid fucking questions”.

Thoughts???[/quote]

lmao i would love that category more then u think

[quote]elano wrote:
Look at competitive lifters in the 220 and below classes. Most aren’t fat. Not every powerlifter looks like Andy Bolton dumb shit.[/quote]

not the quistion.i know there are lean powerlifters like konstantinovs,matt kroc(altho i heard his gonna compete in bodybuilding show) and the guy who holds the raw total record stan effreding but his a bodybuilder.i was asking why are the people who are after the 242 class fat and not a few most of them are.

Prob because they care too much about their strength to diet down.

[quote]elano wrote:
Prob because they care too much about their strength to diet down.[/quote]

this is another retarded quistion why do u lose strength when u diet down.

big pot for a big squat

[quote]xxxwtfxxx wrote:

[quote]elano wrote:
Prob because they care too much about their strength to diet down.[/quote]

this is another retarded quistion why do u lose strength when u diet down.[/quote]

I was refering to the point that time spent cutting is wasted time that could have been spend bulking.

[quote]elano wrote:

[quote]xxxwtfxxx wrote:

[quote]elano wrote:
Prob because they care too much about their strength to diet down.[/quote]

this is another retarded quistion why do u lose strength when u diet down.[/quote]

Who said anything about that? I was refering to the point that time spent cutting is wasted time that could have been spend bulking.[/quote]

oh…nvm then

[quote]xxxwtfxxx wrote:

[quote]elano wrote:
i was asking why are the people who are after the 242 class fat and not a few most of them are.[/quote]

No, you did not ask that.

Dude, I didn’t write that!!! edit!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bCaJUaTy5w

Doesn’t seem like it.

[quote]power_bulker wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bCaJUaTy5w

Doesn’t seem like it. [/quote]

He’s ‘bulked up’ recently; he used to hold the SQ record @67.5kg with a 300kg I think.

to the OP

you sir are a dumbass, did you find this place from youtube? It sure sounds like that. Until you post in full words and stop asking dumb questions, GTFO!

wow some people are pretty sensitive.